synchronized wxSTEditorNotebooks

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
daniel.r
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

synchronized wxSTEditorNotebooks

Postby daniel.r » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:33 pm

Hi to all,

I want to be able to have multiple frames (with a wxSTEditorNotebook inside) and that they (the notebooks) synchronize together states and tabs. I've achieved some results by having various wxSTEditors sharing the same buffer/document but this is quite tricky for the notebooks, because I'm not completely aware of the event mechansim and how this exactly works.

Best regards,
Daniel

benedicte
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Postby benedicte » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:45 pm

You are describing the document/view model...

One document that may appear in different views in the same app. Any change in any of the views may have an impact on all the others.

Can you post some code?

daniel.r
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Postby daniel.r » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:41 pm

benedicte wrote:You are describing the document/view model...

One document that may appear in different views in the same app. Any change in any of the views may have an impact on all the others.

Can you post some code?

Yes, this is the mechanism of wxStyledTextCtrl. Basically we can set Document pointers for the editors (which are only views of Document).

I wanted only know if there a mechanism in wxSTEditorNotebook which allows easily to synchronize notebooks together, but it seems I've to code it :-)

Best regards,
Daniel

Return to “wxCode”