Has EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_CHANGED been renamed?

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
akolb
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Has EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_CHANGED been renamed?

Postby akolb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi,
I am using a slider to control the position of a motor. Rather than send many intermediate values to the motor while dragging the slider, I wanted to send only the final value (i.e., the value of the slider when it was released.) The documentation for wxWidgets version 2.6.2 indicated that I would want to use the EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_CHANGED macro to process my slider events.
However, when I tried to use that macro, my compiler said it wasn't defined. All the other slider macros seemed to work. I did some poking around in event.h (where the other slider macros are defined) and found one called EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL. It does exactly what EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_CHANGED was supposed to do.
So, does anyone know the history of this change? Maybe I have a weird/old distribution of wxWidgets? Or is this a problem in the documentation that needs to be fixed?

Thanks,
-Anthony

protocol

Postby protocol » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:27 pm

If you want to be sure, check out the source code for all the available event handlers.
/* UIKit && wxWidgets 2.8 && Cocoa && .Net */
QuRegExmm
wxPCRE & ObjPCRE - Regex It!

akolb
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Postby akolb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:19 pm

I searched all the files that came with my wxWidgets distribution for the text "EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_CHANGED", but didn't find any instances of it. Is that what you mean?

I guess I'm not really asking a question, since EVT_COMMAND_SCROLL_ENDSCROLL is working fine for me; I was basically trying to notify someone that there's a discrepancy between the code and the documentation. Maybe this isn't the right way to do that... is there a better mechanism for reporting something like this?

Thanks for the reply,
-Anthony

protocol

Postby protocol » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Yep, "Forum Annoucements" or "General Development" would be my best guess.
/* UIKit && wxWidgets 2.8 && Cocoa && .Net */
QuRegExmm
wxPCRE & ObjPCRE - Regex It!

DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DavidHart » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi,
I was basically trying to notify someone that there's a discrepancy between the code and the documentation. Maybe this isn't the right way to do that... is there a better mechanism for reporting something like this?
It sounds like a documentation bug. You should either report this at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=9863&atid=109863, or better still provide a patch at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=9863&atid=309863 (instructions at http://www.wxwindows.org/technote/tn0003.htm).

Edit: Oops, just seen the other thread. Still, this is what you would have done. ;)

Regards,

David

Return to “wxCode”