wxPdfDocument: WMF Support Topic is solved

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
t.rokohl
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxPdfDocument: WMF Support

Post by t.rokohl »

hi,

i have a little question to wxPdfDocument.

i'm not able to include wmf-files to my pdf. i had created several wmf-files with several programs but no one of them are loaded corretly.

so how i can create compatible wmf file? is only a spezial wmf format supported?

BTW: wxPdfDocument is great and a very nice feature for wxPdfDocument would be a include for eps or other pdf files. a frequency problem is that you would create serial letters.
with eps or pdf includes you could include a static content before you add the nonstatic part to you file. this would be very nice....
utelle

Re: wxPdfDocument: WMF Support

Post by utelle »

t.rokohl wrote:i'm not able to include wmf-files to my pdf. i had created several wmf-files with several programs but no one of them are loaded corretly.

so how i can create compatible wmf file? is only a spezial wmf format supported?
Well, WMF support in wxPdfDocument is limited. Only a small subset of the 80+ GDI commands for WMF are supported. Maybe you could send me some example WMF files, so I could investigate, what functionality is missing. But I can't promise if and when better WMF support will be available.
t.rokohl wrote:BTW: wxPdfDocument is great and a very nice feature for wxPdfDocument would be a include for eps or other pdf files. a frequency problem is that you would create serial letters.
with eps or pdf includes you could include a static content before you add the nonstatic part to you file. this would be very nice....
Several enhancements are planned for the next versions of wxPdfDocument, among them a port of FPDI which allows to use pages from existing PDF files as templates. FPDI is a complex PHP class and porting it to C++ is not trivial. The plan is to make it available in version 0.8 of wxPdfDocument, but don't expect version 0.8 earlier than April or May.

There are currently no plans to support the inclusion of EPS files.

Version 0.7 which will be published probably by the end of February. This version will include better color support (CMYK and spot colors in addition to gray scale and RGB), text annotations, creation of interactive PDF forms and "rich text" cells (that is, text markup using a small HTML subset).

Regards,

Ulrich
t.rokohl
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by t.rokohl »

this sounds great.

here you can find a simple wmf file with text which i can't include:

http://www.infomlu.de/downloads/test.wmf
utelle

Post by utelle »

t.rokohl wrote:here you can find a simple wmf file with text which i can't include:
http://www.infomlu.de/downloads/test.wmf
Oh, I see. This WMF file seems to contain a text string only. Unfortunately text strings aren't interpreted at all in the current version of the WMF import of wxPdfDocument.

As soon as I have the time I'll try to improve the WMF parser of wxPdfDocument. I'll drop a note here, when a new version is available.

Regards,

Ulrich