wxFreeChart - issues buildng with mingw-w64

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
jibaer
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxFreeChart - issues buildng with mingw-w64

Post by jibaer »

With the current version (master-branch) i got following issues with building the demo:
  • Missing windows-libraries
Add following libraries to linker command: -luxtheme -lversion -lshlwapi -loleacc
  • not linked static
Add following flags for shared=0 to linker command: -static -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++
Last edited by jibaer on Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxFreeChart - issues

Post by PB »

Search this forum for "wxFreeChart" and you will find links to wxFreeChart repositories that built with current wxWidgets versions.

Or you can try a different charting library.
jibaer
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxFreeChart - issues

Post by jibaer »

After applying the fixes from my post to the makefile.gccc it builds with wx 3.1.4.

My post was only a hint to the maintainers to fix source-repository.

Even your github-repo and the github repo 'with more fixes' (https://github.com/iwbnwif/wxFreeChart) have the same issues.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxFreeChart - issues buildng with mingw-w64

Post by PB »

JFYI, FWIW...

Firstly, (unfortunately) there are no real wxFreeChart maintaners, the library was abandoned by its creator many, many years ago. There is just a bunch of forks with a patch here and there.

Secondly, your "static" fixes are not actual fixes. shared=0 just means link to wxWidgets statically, it does not affect the compiler libraries (CRT etc.) linkage. This mimicks (like in all original wxThings libraries) the build pattern of wxWidgets itself (however, unlike with GCC makefiles with CMake it is now possible to link to the CRT statically when building wxWidgets even with MinGW).