wxTableCtrl

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
lhksoft
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxTableCtrl

Post by lhksoft »

Saw something that might be interesting : wxTableCtrl, though, where is it ?
I can't find anything about it at SourceForge. Event in Google I cannot find it.

Anybody an idea ?

This is its site : http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/showcomp. ... xTableCtrl
Coding using MS-Code/C++ in linux-mint, and MSVS2019-C++ with vcpkg in Win10. Currently using wxWidgets 3.2.0
New Pagodi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: wxTableCtrl

Post by New Pagodi »

I think most of the items from wxCode were not updated and the project was abandoned a few years ago.
lhksoft
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by lhksoft »

If abandoned, is there still some sourcecode from available? How can I find it when I press the download-button.
I'm coding with sqlite, maybe I can continue the project, or maybe I can make someting with it.
Coding using MS-Code/C++ in linux-mint, and MSVS2019-C++ with vcpkg in Win10. Currently using wxWidgets 3.2.0
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

You can get it here https://sourceforge.net/p/wxcode/code/H ... tablectrl/ (either check out the repo or press Download Snapshot).

But I would not get my hopes up, I am not sure what are you expecting it to have over e.g. wxGrid...

It is also at version 0.0.1 and has not been touched since 2008 which means it likely won't even build out of the box.
lhksoft
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by lhksoft »

PB wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:17 am YIt is also at version 0.0.1 and has not been touched since 2008 which means it likely won't even build out of the box.
I look into it as soon I've got some time.
I saw the code, I think it needs a bit reprogramming, make it a bit more efficiently. I saw there was a source file of over 186MB - that's big.

Nevermind out of the box, I'm not such a wx-user.
I'll check te code and as soon I understand how things are done, mostlikely I make something similar more my own style.

As far as I understand, the goal of wxTableCtrl is to show a complete table (or query), one record per row. Like MS-Access does. I'll try to code somthing similar with this code. But, as soon as I have more time. Currently still occupied with my own project, a MovieCatalog. Finetuning this code, while some things goes nice in MSW isn't done so great in GTK (it's a program, which code I developped in Windows, but eventually I want to compile the code in GTK and keep using it in linux).
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

lhksoft wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:32 am I saw the code, I think it needs a bit reprogramming, make it a bit more efficiently. I saw there was a source file of over 186MB - that's big.
wxTableCtr zipped code is about 112 kB, unpacked about 500 kB?
lhksoft wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:32 am As far as I understand, the goal of wxTableCtrl is to show a complete table (or query), one record per row. Like MS-Access does. I'll try to code somthing similar with this code. But, as soon as I have more time. Currently still occupied with my own project, a MovieCatalog. Finetuning this code, while some things goes nice in MSW isn't done so great in GTK (it's a program, which code I developped in Windows, but eventually I want to compile the code in GTK and keep using it in linux).
I have zero knowledge of the component. If I had to write something like the Table Design View in MS Access, I would start with a wxGrid.
lhksoft
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by lhksoft »

PB wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:10 pm I have zero knowledge of the component. If I had to write something like the Table Design View in MS Access, I would start with a wxGrid.
Actually I think wxTableCtrl is like viewing/browsing a table. Looks simple but needs a lot of code to achieve this.