wxSQLite3: dynamic loading of SQLite library

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
utelle

wxSQLite3: dynamic loading of SQLite library

Post by utelle »

Today Hakki Dogusan donated some code to my component wxSQLite3, which allows to load the SQLite database library/DLL at runtime thus eliminating the need to have a link library at hand when building the component.

I plan to integrate this code into the next release. But I'd like to hear opinions whether dynamic loading or using the link library should be the default behaviour.

Regards,

Ulrich
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Sounds cool to me! I am using your wrapper to great satisfaction. The only comment I have is on the documentation. It can use some more then a single line of what the function does. A bit more on what happens when I do a SetCol(x) and the column does not exist, etc.

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
lrm
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Re: wxSQLite3: dynamic loading of SQLite library

Post by lrm »

utelle wrote:using the link library should be the default behaviour
this is good for me.

Leo
utelle

Post by utelle »

Jorg wrote:Sounds cool to me! I am using your wrapper to great satisfaction. The only comment I have is on the documentation. It can use some more then a single line of what the function does. A bit more on what happens when I do a SetCol(x) and the column does not exist, etc.
I'll try to write some more documentation for the next release - without duplicating too much of the SQLite documentation.

Update: wxSQLite3 v1.4 now has a bit more API documentation.
lrm wrote:
utelle wrote:using the link library should be the default behaviour
this is good for me.
There will be a #DEFINE defaulting to using the link library. So it will be easy to change the behaviour.

Update: wxSQLite3 v1.4 now supports dynamic loading as announced above.

Regards,

Ulrich