WXSQLITE3 CONNECTING

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
Phirig
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

WXSQLITE3 CONNECTING

Post by Phirig »

Am trying to connect my application to wxsqlite3 database but i have the following errors,after build and run,what could be the probems and possible solustions
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (51.16 KiB) Viewed 10918 times
capture1.PNG
doublemax

Re: WXSQLITE3 CONNECTING

Post by doublemax »

wxSQLite3 still requires sqlite itself. If you got wxSQLite3 from github, the sqlite sources are in sqlite3secure/
Use the source, Luke!
Phirig
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Phirig »

doublemax wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:57 pm wxSQLite3 still requires sqlite itself. If you got wxSQLite3 from github, the sqlite sources are in sqlite3secure/
Thanks,but am not very clear.where can I find sqlite3secure?if you have any link help.
House is sqlite source used when combined with wxsqlite3? I will appreciate your help
utelle

Post by utelle »

doublemax wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:57 pm wxSQLite3 still requires sqlite itself. If you got wxSQLite3 from github, the sqlite sources are in sqlite3secure/
According to the screenshot Phirig uses wxSQLite3 version 3.3.1. This version was released in April 2016 and is therefore heavily outdated!

Since version 3.5.0 (released in January 2017) the SQLite library is an integrated part of wxSQLite3, mainly to avoid version conflicts. With the release of version 4.6.0 in August 2020 the subfolder sqlite3secure was removed, because wxSQLite3 now uses the amalgamation of the SQLite encryption extension SQLite3MultipleCiphers.

I would strongly recommend to upgrade to a more recent version of wxSQLite3.
Phirig
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Phirig »

Thanks, but how are the steps for getting connected to sqlite3 when using wxwidget and codeblocks after up grading to new version.any ideal or a link about that can be appreciated!!!
utelle

Post by utelle »

Phirig wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:35 pm Thanks, but how are the steps for getting connected to sqlite3 when using wxwidget and codeblocks after up grading to new version.any ideal or a link about that can be appreciated!!!
Since I don't use CodeBlocks myself, I can't help with setting up the CodeBlocks environment. However, you may look for further information on the CodeBlocks forum. Probably the easiest approach is to build the wxSQLite3 library outside of CodeBlocks using the makefiles coming with wxSQLite3, and then to simply add the wxSQLite3 library to your CodeBlocks project.

For using wxSQLite3 in your own code please take a look at the samples coming with wxSQLite3. The minimal sample is a command line application, just showing how to use most supported SQLite features. Additionally, the treeview sample shows how to use wxSQLite3 in a GUI application.