Problem compiling wxSQLite3-3.3.1

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
Slyde
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Problem compiling wxSQLite3-3.3.1

Post by Slyde »

Thank you so much, utelle. Your last answer shed absolute light on everything. But I have one last question :D

Do I also need to create a debug BUILD for wxWidgets and wxSQLite3? I'm thinking NO on this, but I want to be sure I get everything right this time.

Thank you.

***** UPDATE *****

I built wxWidgets and wxSQLite3 with static libraries without any problems. Then I opened a new wxWidgets project in Code::Blocks and ran the initial setup given and got an error:

Code: Select all

||=== Build: Release in wxwidgets-test-001 (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.3\include\wx\platform.h|154|fatal error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory|
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.3\include\wx\platform.h|154|fatal error: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory|
||=== Build failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|
||=== Build finished: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|
And then I checked to see if that file was present and it isn't.

Here are my setup.h files:

This is killing me :D hahahaha
Linux Mint 21.3 | wxWidgets-3.2.4
utelle

Re: Problem compiling wxSQLite3-3.3.1

Post by utelle »

Slyde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:27 pm Thank you so much, utelle. Your last answer shed absolute light on everything. But I have one last question :D
You are welcome.
Slyde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:27 pm Do I also need to create a debug BUILD for wxWidgets and wxSQLite3? I'm thinking NO on this, but I want to be sure I get everything right this time.
Well, while developing an application it is normal to make mistakes and introduce bugs in the software. For debugging purposes it can be useful to have a debug build at hand, because this allows to step through the program line by line and inspect variables and so on. That is, it debug build is not mandatory, but can be useful from time to time.
Slyde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:27 pm I built wxWidgets and wxSQLite3 with static libraries without any problems. Then I opened a new wxWidgets project in Code::Blocks and ran the initial setup given and got an error:

Code: Select all

||=== Build: Release in wxwidgets-test-001 (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
||=== Build failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|
||=== Build finished: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|
And then I checked to see if that file was present and it isn't.
The reason is that this file setup.h resides in the library directory, because you could have several builds with different configurations. If you look at the compiler settings, you will find an entry similar to ...\lib\gcc_lib for include files and for link libraries. I guess Code::Blocks assumes this as the default. Now, you have a 64-bit wxWidgets build in a different location. Therefore you have to adjust the 2 compiler settings (include/header search path, link library search path) by changing the existing entries to ...\lib\gcc_x64_lib.
Slyde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:27 pm Here are my setup.h files:
The last one is the one the compiler needs to find. And this will work as soon as you have adjusted the include search path accordingly.
Slyde wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:27 pm This is killing me :D hahahaha
Very unlikely ... :D