wxpdfdoc lib directory wrong

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Re: wxpdfdoc lib directory wrong

Post by Wolfgang »

To the problem with the coloring, it was mainly for my poor programming, and only learning how the pdfdoc works. in the end I did now achieve what I want and am satisfied with it.
The problem there had a lot to do with that multicell do not save the position where it last wrote. As I had to change the text color a lot between the lines.

For the index,I decided to let it create the pdf two times.
First I create it and save everything for the index.
Then I add the front files and then I write the index and then create it again.

Adding the created pdf file, to a new one took something like 5 to 7 minutes, creating the pdf a little less than 1 minute.
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Wolfgang »

Just another thought, is it possible to link to an not yet existing page?

Meaining if I create the index to link the index to the page number. Is this possible?
utelle

Post by utelle »

Wolfgang wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm Just another thought, is it possible to link to an not yet existing page?
Yes, in PDF documents it is possible to create forward references, that is, one can add links to the current page for which the destination page will be set later. See tutorial6 of the sample application.
Wolfgang wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:55 pm Meaining if I create the index to link the index to the page number. Is this possible?
Yes. If you know all entries of your index in advance, you can create and output links on the index page before creating the content pages. On creating the content pages you then need to set the link destination accordingly.

What you usually can't do in this way, unfortunately, is to include page numbers of the referenced content pages on the index page, because those page numbers are typically unknown in advance.
Wolfgang
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Wolfgang »

Thanks I managed it, was to quick with asking.

Only now looked.

But with creating the pdf two times, I know the exact pages, where it will be. So everything works fine,and links are included.