draw rotated bitmap with wxGCDC Topic is solved

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
utelle

Re: draw rotated bitmap with wxGCDC

Post by utelle »

mael15 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 pm
utelle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 pm Could you show a sample drawing?
Here is one, it is 600dpi, only the circles bitmap took 7.7 seconds to draw to wxPdfDC. As you can see not everything on the page needs to be rotated.
sampleOver7sec.zip
Unfortunately, the sample file is missing from the post. :(
mael15 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:18 pm
utelle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:59 pm I still think that creating a PDF template without applying rotation, and then adding the template to a wxPdfDocument instance directly and applying rotation to the template, should work smoother and faster.
You are absolutely right, I just were too lazy to try this and stuck to the ways I knew. Thanx for mentioning it again. I just have to figure out how to position everything correctly and how transparency works, but that should be managable.
Thanx!
Depending on what has to be accomplished resp after having seen a sample, I will try to offer advice how to solve the problem.

P.S.:
I started to investigate how to implement setting the transformation matrix for wxPdfDC. However, it would help to have a test case. Maybe you could provide some sample wxDC code (just the bare essentials) as you need it for your application.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by mael15 »

utelle wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:35 pm Unfortunately, the sample file is missing from the post.
maybe it works this time, only attached and not placed inline?
But like I wrote, I do not need this anymore, rotating the whole wxPdcDocument works great and leads to smaller pdfs that are created faster.
Attachments
sampleOver7sec.zip
(483.76 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
utelle

Post by utelle »

mael15 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 pm
utelle wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:35 pm Unfortunately, the sample file is missing from the post.
maybe it works this time, only attached and not placed inline?
Yes, it worked. - AFAIK the forum supports only attachments not inline graphics.
mael15 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:11 pm But like I wrote, I do not need this anymore, rotating the whole wxPdcDocument works great and leads to smaller pdfs that are created faster.
Good news.

Nevertheless, I will continue to add support for setting the transformation matrix in wxPdfDC.