draw a specific area in the wxChartPanel

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
student_4
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

draw a specific area in the wxChartPanel

Post by student_4 »

Hi all,
could you please help me, I have two line curves(minimum curve and maximum one), those curves form a band. My problem is how to color the area in between two curves.
my XYDynamicDataset contains two XYDynamicSerie objects, each Serie represent one of two curves.
I used XYAreaRenderer to color the area in between but it always paints from the maximum curve to the horizontal axis.
Kvaz1r
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: draw a specific area in the wxChartPanel

Post by Kvaz1r »

Such type of chart usually named as area chart, check maybe library, which you use has support of this type.
If no - you could also draw area from min curve to line y = 0 (horizontal axis) with color equal background color of chart.
student_4
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by student_4 »

thank you for the reply and suggestion, I will try it.
student_4
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by student_4 »

dear Kvaz1r, i applied what you suggested ...it works, but the columns and rows of the grid panel which are located below the minimum curve disappeared.now it is acceptable and thank you for the help again but if there is more efficient solution, I would grateful.
Kvaz1r
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Kvaz1r »

Unfortunately I don't know other options except change source code of the library and implement area chart manually :)