wxPDF : Assert warning

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
preethis
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxPDF : Assert warning

Post by preethis »

Hi All,

We are using wx3.1 in our application. Windows OS.
When saving a file as PDF using wxPDF, it is throwing the attached warning pop-up.
If we give cancel, we can suppress the further warnings.
Can you please help me to resolve this.

We are using only the wx binaries that is pre-built and given by our client.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=5039
Attachments
wxWarning.PNG
utelle

Re: wxPDF : Assert warning

Post by utelle »

preethis wrote:We are using wx3.1 in our application. Windows OS.
When saving a file as PDF using wxPDF, it is throwing the attached warning pop-up.
The debug assertion seems to originate from a string formatting operation in the wxWidgets library, not wxPdfDocument. However, the call stack looks very strange, because method PutPages does not use any wxPdfShape objects, neither directly nor indirectly. Additionally, in the original wxPdfDocument implementation there is no implementation for a wxPdfShape::operator=.

So, either you use a modified version of wxPdfDocument or the problem is caused by erroneously overwriting memory or by heap corruption or the like some time before you save the PDF document.
preethis wrote:If we give cancel, we can suppress the further warnings.
Can you please help me to resolve this.
Without line numbers in the callstack output, I'm not able to track down what might happen in your application. You would need to use your debugger to step through the application to see what statements are performed before you get the assertion.
preethis wrote:We are using only the wx binaries that is pre-built and given by our client.
Did you build the wxPdfDocument library yourself? Or did you get it from your client, too.

Which compiler are you using? Are you sure that the binaries you got from your client were built with the same compiler?

Regards,

Ulrich