Wxpdfdoc compilling error.

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
dkaip
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Wxpdfdoc compilling error.

Post by dkaip »

Hello. I Linux Mint last update edition i have clone wxWidget in my personal folder ..
git clone https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets.git
and finaly compile in build-gtk folder as static and unicode lib with
../configure --enable-unicode --enable-monolithic --enable-debug --with-gtk --disable-shared --with-opengl --prefix=$(pwd)
ok i have in /home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/lib all libs ...
libwx_baseu-3.1.a,libwx_baseu_net-3.1.a,libwx_baseu_xml-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_adv-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_aui-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_core-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_gl-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_html-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_propgrid-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_qa-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_ribbon-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_richtext-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_stc-3.1.a,libwx_gtk2u_xrc-3.1.a,libwxjpeg-3.1.a,libwxregexu-3.1.a,libwxscintilla-3.1.a,libwxtiff-3.1.a
and in wx/ folder the headers
So every project compiler options are
`/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/wx-config --cflags` and for linker `/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/wx-config --libs all`
Ok after now. Now i have clone wxpdsdoc
With autoreconf construct configure
With mkdir build-gtk and cd build-gtk i must make libs.
So i must use ../configure --enable-static --with-wx-config="/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/wx-config" for use of already static libs of wxwidgets and to make static lib i use --enable-static.
Then with make CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11" must take static libs.

But i am taking
*** static library /home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/lib/libwx_baseu-3.1.a is not portable!
/usr/bin/ld: /home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.1.a(corelib_event.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `_ZN14wxCommandEvent12ms_classInfoE' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.1.a: error adding symbols: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.1.la] Error 1
What i must do? What i am doing wrong?
dkaip
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Wxpdfdoc compilling error.

Post by dkaip »

I think that the solution is ...

Code: Select all

../configure  --disable-shared --enable-static    --with-wx-config="/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/wx-config"  --prefix=$(pwd)  --with-pic 
make CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11" WX_CONFIG="/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/wx-config --cflags"  LIBS="/home/a/wxWidgets/gtk-build/wx-config  --libs all"
That produce the ..
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.1.la
library. But how must use lib? And i dont see header files inside build-gtk dir.
utelle

Post by utelle »

dkaip wrote:... But how must use lib? And i dont see header files inside build-gtk dir.
Since the header files are independent of the actual build, they are not copied to the build directory. Just add a compiler flag pointing to the include subfolder of the wxPdfDocument distribution, i.e. something like

Code: Select all

-I$(wxpdfdoc_topdir)/include
where $(wxpdfdoc_topdir) is a place holder for the directory into which you copied the wxPdfDocument distribution.

Regards,

Ulrich
dkaip
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by dkaip »

Ok, i did that and all are ok now. As i can see there secret folder .libs at folder build-gtk and inside ...
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.0.a
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.0.la
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.0.lai
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.0.so
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.0.so.0
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.0.so.0.0.0
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.1.a
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.1.la
/home/a/wxpdfdoc/build-gtk/.libs/libwxcode_gtk2u_pdfdoc-3.1.lai
Now i am truing to find examples of code to study.
Thanks
Jim