wxPDF only using raster operation wxCOPY

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
ees
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxPDF only using raster operation wxCOPY

Post by ees »

Hello,
I believe wxPDF is only using operation raster wxCOPY and not heeding the dc->SetLogicalFunction call. Would this be an easy fix? In the code below, dc is a wxPdfDC.

Code: Select all

dc->SetLogicalFunction(wxOR);
Thanks,

Ed
utelle

Re: wxPDF only using raster operation wxCOPY

Post by utelle »

ees wrote:I believe wxPDF is only using operation raster wxCOPY and not heeding the dc->SetLogicalFunction call. Would this be an easy fix? In the code below, dc is a wxPdfDC.

Code: Select all

dc->SetLogicalFunction(wxOR);
PDF is not a raster format, but a vector format. Therefore raster oriented operations are usually of limited use.

wxPdfDC supports 2 modes for the logical function: wxCOPY (the default) and wxAND (using alpha transparency).

The PDF specification contains special blending modes that could probably be used to map some or even all of a DC's logical functions. However, wxPdfDocument currently has no support for those special blending modes. And - to be frank - I currently don't intend to add such support myself.

Of course, you are welcome to contribute support for those special blending modes to wxPdfDocument, if you have a high demand for it.

Regards,

Ulrich