wxSqlite3 Version 3-3.3.1 can not compile Please help

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
AKG
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxSqlite3 Version 3-3.3.1 can not compile Please help

Post by AKG »

I have Windows 10, and compiled wxWidgets-3.1.0 without problems. I got Codeblocs to work with this version by changing the project script.
I then tried to compile wxSqlite3 - but after 3 days trying all kinds of things, reading all i can there is just no solution, so I hope someone here can help me get this to work.

I have the following included in path: .... C:\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0;C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1; .... and also the WXWIN pointing to C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0 in user variables under windows.

The output from trying to install it varies, the last thing i tried resulted in the result below:

c:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\build>mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=0 UNICODE=0
if not exist ..\lib\gcc_lib mkdir ..\lib\gcc_lib
g++ -shared -fPIC -o ..\lib\gcc_lib\wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.dll gccmswud_dll\wxsqlite3_dll_wxsqlite3.o -mthreads -LC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib -g -L..\lib\gcc_lib -Wl,--out-implib=..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.a -L..\sqlite3\lib -lsqlite3 -lwxmsw30ud_core -lwxbase30ud -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexud -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32
C:/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw30ud_core
C:/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lwxbase30ud
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile.gcc:280: recipe for target '..\lib\gcc_lib\wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.dll' failed
mingw32-make: *** [..\lib\gcc_lib\wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.dll] Error 1
catalin

Re: wxSqlite3 Version 3-3.3.1 can not compile Please help

Post by catalin »

wxSqlite3 still needs wxW 3.0. You can see that from the libs it is trying to link with, i.e. -lwxbase30ud
You can either download the latest wxW 3.0.x version and use it to build wxSqlite3 or modify the makefile and replace 30 with 31 in the lib names in order to build using wxW 3.1.
AKG
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by AKG »

Yeah, I changed the setting in the make file, so it uses 31, now.
Now i get this:

g++ -c -o gccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o -DHAVE_W32API_H -D_UNICODE -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXMSW__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\include -O0 -g -W -Wall -I..\include -DwxUSE_DYNAMIC_SQLITE3_LOAD=0 -DWXSQLITE3_HAVE_METADATA=0 -DWXSQLITE3_HAVE_CODEC=0 -DWXSQLITE3_HAVE_LOAD_EXTENSION=0 -I..\sqlite3\include -MTgccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o -MFgccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o.d -MD -MP ../src/wxsqlite3.cpp
../src/wxsqlite3.cpp: In member function 'void wxSQLite3Database::SetCollation(const wxString&, wxSQLite3Collation*)':
../src/wxsqlite3.cpp:3705:7: warning: variable 'rc' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
int rc;
^
if exist ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a del ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a
ar rcu ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a gccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o
ranlib ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a
g++ -c -o gccmswud\minimal_minimal.o -DHAVE_W32API_H -D_UNICODE -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXMSW__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\include -O0 -g -W -Wall -I..\include -I..\samples -I..\sqlite3\include -MTgccmswud\minimal_minimal.o -MFgccmswud\minimal_minimal.o.d -MD -MP ../samples/minimal.cpp
../samples/minimal.cpp: In member function 'virtual int Minimal::OnRun()':
../samples/minimal.cpp:623:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
for (i = 0; i < sizeof bin; i++)
^
../samples/minimal.cpp:643:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
^
windres --use-temp-file -i../samples/minimal.rc -ogccmswud\minimal_minimal_rc.o --define HAVE_W32API_H --define _UNICODE --define __WXDEBUG__ --define __WXMSW__ --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib\mswud --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0/include --include-dir ../include --include-dir ../samples --include-dir ..\sqlite3\include
g++ -o ..\samples\minimal.exe gccmswud\minimal_minimal.o gccmswud\minimal_minimal_rc.o -mthreads -LC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib -g -L..\lib\gcc_lib -L..\sqlite3\lib ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a -lsqlite3 -lwxmsw31ud_core -lwxbase31ud -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexud -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw31ud_core.a(corelib_utilsgui.o): In function `Z28wxEnableFileNameAutoCompleteP6HWND__':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/utilsgui.cpp:268: undefined reference to `_imp__SHAutoComplete@8'
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw31ud_core.a(corelib_textentry.o): In function `ZN11wxTextEntry23DoAutoCompleteFileNamesEi':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/textentry.cpp:792: undefined reference to `_imp__SHAutoComplete@8'
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxbase31ud.a(baselib_dlmsw.o): In function `GetFileVersion':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/dlmsw.cpp:65: undefined reference to `GetFileVersionInfoSizeW@8'
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/dlmsw.cpp:69: undefined reference to `GetFileVersionInfoW@16'
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/dlmsw.cpp:76: undefined reference to `VerQueryValueW@16'
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxbase31ud.a(baselib_mimetype.o): In function `wxAssocQueryString':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/mimetype.cpp:276: undefined reference to `_imp__AssocQueryStringW@24'
makefile.gcc:287: recipe for target '..\samples\minimal.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [..\samples\minimal.exe] Error 1
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

I believe the linker errors are there because you miss some standard windows libraries. Add "shlwapi" and "version" libraries to "Link libraries" in Project build options / Linker settings. If you are using a GCC makefile you need to add these two libraries there: Append " -lshlwapi -lversion" to the lines starting with "-luuid".

AFAIK these were not needed in wxWidgets 3.0 but they have been required for wxWidgets projects since wxWidgets 3.1 (see https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/ ... e80629603d).
AKG
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by AKG »

I deleted everything and started over, newer version of everything, and now i get this:

c:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\build>mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc
g++ -c -o gccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o -DHAVE_W32API_H -D_UNICODE -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXMSW__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\include -O0 -g -W -Wall -I..\include -DwxUSE_DYNAMIC_SQLITE3_LOAD=0 -DWXSQLITE3_HAVE_METADATA=0 -DWXSQLITE3_HAVE_CODEC=0 -DWXSQLITE3_HAVE_LOAD_EXTENSION=0 -I..\sqlite3\include -MTgccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o -MFgccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o.d -MD -MP ../src/wxsqlite3.cpp
../src/wxsqlite3.cpp: In member function 'void wxSQLite3Database::SetCollation(const wxString&, wxSQLite3Collation*)':
../src/wxsqlite3.cpp:3705:7: warning: variable 'rc' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
int rc;
^
if exist ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a del ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a
ar rcu ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a gccmswud\wxsqlite3_lib_wxsqlite3.o
ranlib ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a
g++ -c -o gccmswud\minimal_minimal.o -DHAVE_W32API_H -D_UNICODE -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXMSW__ -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -IC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\include -O0 -g -W -Wall -I..\include -I..\samples -I..\sqlite3\include -MTgccmswud\minimal_minimal.o -MFgccmswud\minimal_minimal.o.d -MD -MP ../samples/minimal.cpp
../samples/minimal.cpp: In member function 'virtual int Minimal::OnRun()':
../samples/minimal.cpp:623:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
^
../samples/minimal.cpp:643:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
^
windres --use-temp-file -i../samples/minimal.rc -ogccmswud\minimal_minimal_rc.o --define HAVE_W32API_H --define _UNICODE --define __WXDEBUG__ --define __WXMSW__ --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib\mswud --include-dir C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0/include --include-dir ../include --include-dir ../samples --include-dir ..\sqlite3\include
g++ -o ..\samples\minimal.exe gccmswud\minimal_minimal.o gccmswud\minimal_minimal_rc.o -mthreads -LC:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib -g -L..\lib\gcc_lib -L..\sqlite3\lib ..\lib\gcc_lib\libwxcode_msw31ud_wxsqlite3.a -lsqlite3 -lwxmsw31ud_core -lwxbase31ud -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexud -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw31ud_core.a(corelib_utilsgui.o): In function `Z28wxEnableFileNameAutoCompleteP6HWND__':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/utilsgui.cpp:268: undefined reference to `_imp__SHAutoComplete@8'
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxmsw31ud_core.a(corelib_textentry.o): In function `ZN11wxTextEntry23DoAutoCompleteFileNamesEi':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/textentry.cpp:792: undefined reference to `_imp__SHAutoComplete@8'
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxbase31ud.a(baselib_dlmsw.o): In function `GetFileVersion':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/dlmsw.cpp:65: undefined reference to `GetFileVersionInfoSizeW@8'
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/dlmsw.cpp:69: undefined reference to `GetFileVersionInfoW@16'
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/dlmsw.cpp:76: undefined reference to `VerQueryValueW@16'
C:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\lib\gcc_lib/libwxbase31ud.a(baselib_mimetype.o): In function `wxAssocQueryString':
c:\wxWidgets-3.1.0\build\msw/../../src/msw/mimetype.cpp:276: undefined reference to `_imp__AssocQueryStringW@24'
makefile.gcc:287: recipe for target '..\samples\minimal.exe' failed
mingw32-make: *** [..\samples\minimal.exe] Error 1

This is really starting to drive me crazy, 4 days i have tried to do something that is supposed to be a very simple thing.
Please help !??
AKG
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by AKG »

I Am running Windows 64 bit and Windows 10, if it is easier to start over, just give me the steps from start, and the versions that work together. Version of wxWidgets, wxSqlite so that I can compile code that is compatible.

Thank you so much,

====================================================
Sorry, getting sloppy after recompiling so many times, I did not add it properly to all lines, and now that I dis it all over - it finally compiled.

Thank you very much
matthewflagg
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by matthewflagg »

catalin wrote:wxSqlite3 still needs wxW 3.0. You can see that from the libs it is trying to link with, i.e. -lwxbase30ud
You can either download the latest wxW 3.0.x version and use it to build wxSqlite3 or modify the makefile and replace 30 with 31 in the lib names in order to build using wxW 3.1.
Can anyone give me more info on this? I'm currently trying to buildwxSQLite3 with wxWidgets3.1 and I get a LNK1104 Error: "cannot open file 'wxbase30ud.lib"
Where do I change the 30 to 31 at?

ERRORS:

Code: Select all

------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Release Win64 Win32 ------
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(55,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found. To build using the v100 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2010 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: Release Win64 Win32 ------
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets(55,5): error MSB8020: The build tools for Visual Studio 2010 (Platform Toolset = 'v100') cannot be found. To build using the v100 build tools, please install Visual Studio 2010 build tools.  Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting "Retarget solution".
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: Release x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Debug x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Debug Win64 Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: Debug Win64 Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Release x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Release Win64 x64 ------
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'wxbase30u.lib'
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Release Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Debug Win64 x64 ------
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'wxbase30ud.lib'
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: DLL Debug Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: Debug Win64 x64 ------
  wxsqlite3_vc14_wxsqlite3.vcxproj -> C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\build\..\..\lib\vc140_lib\wxsqlite3d.lib
------ Build started: Project: wxsqlite3, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
  wxsqlite3.cpp
  wxsqlite3_vc14_wxsqlite3.vcxproj -> C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\build\..\..\lib\vc140_lib\wxsqlite3d.lib
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Release Win64 Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Release Win64 Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Release x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Debug x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Debug Win64 Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Debug Win64 Win32 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Release x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Release Win64 x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
  wxsqlite3_vc14_minimal.vcxproj -> C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\build\..\samples\minimal.exe
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Release Win64 x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Release Win32 ------
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\lib\vc140_dll\wxsqlite3.lib'
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Debug Win64 x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: DLL Debug Win32 ------
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\lib\vc140_dll\wxsqlite3d.lib'
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Debug Win64 x64 ------
------ Build started: Project: minimal, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
  minimal.cpp
  wxsqlite3_vc14_minimal.vcxproj -> C:\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\wxsqlite3-3.3.1\build\..\samples\minimald.exe
  wxsqlite3_vc14_minimal.vcxproj -> ..\samples\minimald.pdb (Full PDB)
========== Build: 4 succeeded, 26 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
utelle

Post by utelle »

AKG wrote:I Am running Windows 64 bit and Windows 10, if it is easier to start over, just give me the steps from start, and the versions that work together. Version of wxWidgets, wxSqlite so that I can compile code that is compatible.
wxSQLite3 3.3.1 was released over a year ago. In the meantime the build system of wxSQLite3 has been overhauled (version 3.5.0 in January 2017). And wxSQLite3 3.5.5 is the most recent release done in June 2017.

I would strongly recommend to upgrade to this latest release of wxSQLite3. Building wxSQLite3 for wxWidgets 3.1 should work more or less out of the box. Adjustments to the actual development environment can be easily introduced via the customization files wx_setup.props resp. config.gcc.

Regards,

Ulrich