How to create information (tooltip) window in PDF

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
rsb
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

How to create information (tooltip) window in PDF

Post by rsb »

Hello,

Is there a way to create something like a tooltip window in a PDF file using the wxPdfDocument class. A PDF file we have here
created by someone else has the ability to display an information (tooltip) window when you click inside the extent of an object.
I've attached the PDF file as well as an image of it which displays an electronic schematic. When you select anywhere inside one
of the component (rectangle) objects, a tooltip like window pops up and display information about the selected component.
I looked through the tutorial files but didn't see anything that looked helpful.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Robert
Attachments
SchPdf.PNG
SchPdf.PNG (26.66 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
Sch.7z
(111.5 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
utelle

Re: How to create information (tooltip) window in PDF

Post by utelle »

rsb wrote:Is there a way to create something like a tooltip window in a PDF file using the wxPdfDocument class?
Yes, you can use method Annotate of class wxPdfDocument, to add simple text annotations ...
rsb wrote:A PDF file we have here created by someone else has the ability to display an information (tooltip) window when you click inside the extent of an object.
... however, this feature currently lacks options to influence the visual appearance. So the result may not be what you would like to have. The annotation feature of wxPdfDocument could be enhanced, though.
rsb wrote:I've attached the PDF file as well as an image of it which displays an electronic schematic. When you select anywhere inside one
of the component (rectangle) objects, a tooltip like window pops up and display information about the selected component.
I looked through the tutorial files but didn't see anything that looked helpful.
From the PDF file I saw that clicking on the bookmarks does often change the zoom factor and zoom window. This isn't currently supported by wxPdfDocument either. Again, the bookmark feature of wxPdfDocument could be enhanced to support this, too.

Regards,

Ulrich