wxFreeChart+wxWidgets-3.0.0 Build errors

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
bvv12
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxFreeChart+wxWidgets-3.0.0 Build errors

Post by bvv12 »

I have built wxFreeChart+wxWidgets-2.8 successfully but have some errors to build wxFreeChart+wxWidgets-3.0.0
Can anybody help me to fix these errors

Creating library file: ..\lib\gcc_dll\libwxcode_msw30d_freechart.a
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_pieplot.o: In function `ZNK14wxFormatStringcvPKwEv':
c:/wxWidgets-3.0.0/include/wx/strvararg.h:220: undefined reference to `wxFormatS
tring::AsWChar()'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_pieplot.o: In function `ZN8wxString7ImplStrEPKcRK8wxMBCo
nv':
c:/wxWidgets-3.0.0/include/wx/string.h:477: undefined reference to `wxString::Co
nvertStr(char const*, unsigned int, wxMBConv const&)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_art.o: In function `ZN11SymbolArray8RemoveAtEjj':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/art.cpp:16: undefined reference
to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_multiplot.o: In function `ZN9PlotArray8RemoveAtEjj':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/multiplot.cpp:17: undefined ref
erence to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*
)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_multiplot.o: In function `ZN9MultiPlot8DrawDataER4wxDC6w
xRect':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/multiplot.cpp:48: undefined ref
erence to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*
)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_ganttsimpledataset.o: In function `ZN15GanttSerieArray8R
emoveAtEjj':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/gantt/ganttsimpledataset.cpp:14
: undefined reference to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*,
wchar_t const*)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_ganttsimpledataset.o: In function `ZN13wxArrayString4Ite
mEj':
c:/wxWidgets-3.0.0/include/wx/arrstr.h:177: undefined reference to `wxOnAssert(c
har const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_ganttplot.o:D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/..
/src/gantt/ganttplot.cpp:41: more undefined references to `wxOnAssert(char const
*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*)' follow
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_compdateaxis.o: In function `ZN8wxString6FormatIiEES_RK1
4wxFormatStringT_':
c:/wxWidgets-3.0.0/include/wx/string.h:2323: undefined reference to `wxString::D
oFormatWchar(wchar_t const*, ...)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_compdateaxis.o: In function `ZN8wxString6FormatIiiEES_RK
14wxFormatStringT_T0_':
c:/wxWidgets-3.0.0/include/wx/string.h:2323: undefined reference to `wxString::D
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_compdateaxis.o: In function `ZN8wxString6FormatI10wxCStr
DataS1_EES_RK14wxFormatStringT_T0_':
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_axis.o: In function `ZN9AxisArray8RemoveAtEjj':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/axis/axis.cpp:273: undefined re
ference to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const
*)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_numberaxis.o: In function `ZN8wxString6FormatIdEES_RK14w
xFormatStringT_':
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_axisplot.o: In function `ZN17DataAxisLinkArray8RemoveAtE
jj':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/axisplot.cpp:15: undefined refe
rence to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*)
'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_axisplot.o: In function `ZN8AxisPlot12ToDataCoordsEjR4wx
DC6wxRectiiPdS3_':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/axisplot.cpp:265: undefined ref
)'
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/axisplot.cpp:270: undefined ref
)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_bubbleplot.o: In function `ZN10BubblePlot12DrawDatasetsE
R4wxDC6wxRect':
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/xyz/bubbleplot.cpp:38: undefine
d reference to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t c
onst*)'
D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/../src/xyz/bubbleplot.cpp:43: undefine
d reference to `wxOnAssert(char const*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t c
onst*)'
gccmswd\wxfreechart_dll_bubbleplot.o:D:\install\programming\wx\freechart\build/.
./src/xyz/bubbleplot.cpp:44: more undefined references to `wxOnAssert(char const
*, int, char const*, char const*, wchar_t const*)' follow
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [..\lib\gcc_dll\wxcode_msw30d_freechart.dll] Error 1
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxFreeChart+wxWidgets-3.0.0 Build errors

Post by evstevemd »

well things changed a lot especially with strings. so visit link below and fix them.
Dont forget to share changes back

http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/overvie ... nce28.html
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
HornetMaX
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by HornetMaX »

Hi all,
I'm totally new to wxWidgets and I stumbled on it because of ... wxFreeCharts, as it seems to be very close to what I was looking for (a lib to do some XY plotting of data, for a telemetry display application).

I managed to compile wxWidgets 3.0.0 (on Windows, MSVC 2010 express) and some examples/demos. Had much less success with previous version 2.9.

Only after that I discovered that wxFreeChart has not yet been updated to wxWidgets 3.0.0 :cry:

I tried to contact the author of wxFreeCharts but the only email address I've found is broken.

What are my best options ?
Anything similar to wxFreeCharts (at least for my needs) that is compatible with wxWidgets 3.0.0 ?
Any chance for wxFreeChart to be made compatible with wxWidgets 3.0.0 ?

EDIT: managed to find a working email for wxFreeChart developer, he told me development is stopped at the moment but he plans to update to 3.0.0. I'm still interested in other options, if they exist.

Thanks,

MaX.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

There are a few other libraries, but i don't know if they work with wx 3.0:
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/WxFAQ#How_can ... Widgets.3F

In general, it shouldn't be hard to make it compile under wx 3.0. Even if you get many errors, they are most likely all of the same kind. What kind of errors were you getting?
Use the source, Luke!
HornetMaX
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by HornetMaX »

doublemax wrote:There are a few other libraries, but i don't know if they work with wx 3.0:
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/WxFAQ#How_can ... Widgets.3F

In general, it shouldn't be hard to make it compile under wx 3.0. Even if you get many errors, they are most likely all of the same kind. What kind of errors were you getting?
Thanks, I had already checked all of them except the last one.
None seem to be updated to 3.0.0 (which makes sense, as 3.0.0 is fairly recent).

I'm a bit unsure about trying to update them myself: zero knowledge of wxWidgets, zero knwoledge of the add-ons in question and I start from updating them to a new wxWidget version ?
Sounds a bit too much like "learning the hard way" :)

I'll give it a while and see if something happens or if I find the courage to jump on it.

Thanks,

MaX.
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

HornetMaX wrote: I'm a bit unsure about trying to update them myself: zero knowledge of wxWidgets, zero knwoledge of the add-ons in question and I start from updating them to a new wxWidget version ?
Thanks,
MaX.
Fixing errors should not be a hell actually. All you need to do is compile and see what are errors. If you cannot understand them or how to fix them, you ask!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
HornetMaX
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by HornetMaX »

Hmm ... actually I managed to compile 1.6 and 1.7 with wxWidgets 3.0.0 without any major trouble: had to add a wxWidget lib to the linker options for 1.6 (for wxAboutBox(), IIRC), nothing special for 1.7.
The examples seems to run fine so it should be OK. Only did the static/static/unicode.

MaX.