Linking Problems when building RELEASE version - wxFreeChart

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
bankai09
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Linking Problems when building RELEASE version - wxFreeChart

Post by bankai09 »

I am trying to build a release version of wxFreechart for days now and I am still stuck with some linking problems. The debug version is no sweat; but the release version is a pain.

I am building it with wxWidgets 2.9.3

how I build my wxWidgets release version :
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc CPPFLAGS="-Os -pipe -mthreads" CXXFLAGS="-fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wno-attributes" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -s" SHARED=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 DEBUG_INFO=0 DEBUG_FLAG=0 MONOLITHIC=1 USE_EXCEPTIONS=0 USE_RTTI=0 OFFICIAL_BUILD=1 RUNTIME_LIBS=static

for wxFreechart :
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc WX_DIR=C:\wxWidgets-2.9.3 WX_UNICODE=1 WX_DEBUG=0 WX_SHARED=1 WX_MONOLITHIC=1 WXDEBUG_LEVEL=1 SHELL=CMD

The Error
g++ -c -o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_xydemos.o -DHAVE_W32API_H -DWXUSINGDLL -D_UNICODE -D__WXMSW__ -IC:\wxWidgets-2.9.3\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\wxWidgets-2.9.3\includ
e -O2 -W -Wall -I..\include -MTgccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_xydemos.o -MFgccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_xydemos.o.d -MD -MP ../sample/xydemos.cpp
../sample/xydemos.cpp:297:6: warning: unused parameter 'ev' [-Wunused-parameter]
if not exist ..\sample mkdir ..\sample
g++ -o ..\sample\wxFreeChartDemo_dll.exe gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_bardemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_bubbledemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_combined
axisdemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_demo.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_democollection.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_ganttdemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDe
mo_dll_markersdemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_multipleaxisdemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_ohlcdemos.o gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_timeseriesdemos.o gc
cmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_xydemos.o -mthreads -LC:\wxWidgets-2.9.3\lib\gcc_dll -L..\lib\gcc_dll -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows ..\lib\gcc_dll\libwxcode_msw29u
_freechart.a -lwxmsw29u -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -
loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32
gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_demo.o:demo.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7DemoApp[vtable for DemoApp]+0x98): undefined reference to `wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler(wxEvtHandler*,
wxEventFunctor&, wxEvent&) const'
gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_demo.o:demo.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7DemoApp[vtable for DemoApp]+0x9c): undefined reference to `wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void
(wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) const'
gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_demo.o:demo.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7DemoApp[vtable for DemoApp]+0xa0): undefined reference to `wxAppConsoleBase::OnUnhandledException()'
gccmswu_dll\wxFreeChartDemo_dll_demo.o:demo.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7DemoApp[vtable for DemoApp]+0xa4): undefined reference to `wxApp::OnExceptionInMainLoop()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Can you help me? :( What am I missing?
bankai09
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Linking Problems when building RELEASE version - wxFreeC

Post by bankai09 »

Help. :(
doublemax

Re: Linking Problems when building RELEASE version - wxFreeC

Post by doublemax »

You're building the library with USE_EXCEPTIONS=0. All the unreferenced classes that cause errors, are not available when USE_EXCEPTIONS=0. So you probably have to use the same settings when building wxFreechart.
Use the source, Luke!