(Gnome) Trying to compile wxPdfDocument ... and failing. Topic is solved

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
Radek
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

(Gnome) Trying to compile wxPdfDocument ... and failing.

Post by Radek »

fonconfig.h is missing during "make". Subsequently, many symbols, obviously related to font properties (FC_SLANT_OBLIQUE, and so on) are not defined. Error, pdffontmanager.cpp has not compiled, the end. There seems to be no fontconfig.h on my comp. I have browsed the web and found several files fontconfig.h but I don't know which one should I get or what should I install. Does someone know, what to do?

Debian 6, Squeeze, 32-bit Intel, Gnome, Gtk 2.0.
utelle

Re: (Gnome) Trying to compile wxPdfDocument ... and failing.

Post by utelle »

Radek wrote:fonconfig.h is missing during "make". Subsequently, many symbols, obviously related to font properties (FC_SLANT_OBLIQUE, and so on) are not defined. Error, pdffontmanager.cpp has not compiled, the end. There seems to be no fontconfig.h on my comp. I have browsed the web and found several files fontconfig.h but I don't know which one should I get or what should I install. Does someone know, what to do?

Debian 6, Squeeze, 32-bit Intel, Gnome, Gtk 2.0.
Obviously the fontconfig package (or at least its C/C++ header files) is not installed on your system. I don't know Debian, but on many Linux systems fontconfig is installed by default. Seems not to be the case for your system. So probably you should use the package manager of your system to install fontconfig on your system.

Regards,

Ulrich
Radek
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: (Gnome) Trying to compile wxPdfDocument ... and failing.

Post by Radek »

Thanks, Ulrich. fontconfig was installed but not the development package (fontconfig1-dev, static libraries and headers). After installing fontconfig1-dev, wxPdfDocument compiled and installed flawlessly. Now, I am going to see, whether I can make pdf's with it :mrgreen: