INSTALLING wxSqlite3

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
utelle

Re: INSTALLING wxSqlite3

Post by utelle »

Hi Ranjit,
Ranjit wrote:I am working with Video encoding software for HEVC for my study. I came across software that requires wxsqlite3.I am not able to build my HEVC video encoding software because it requires wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.lib . Can you please provide any help in this.
You are not giving very explicit information, unfortunately. From the library name I can deduce that you are building the software on Windows. And a quick search for HEVC and wxWidgets indicates that you might be using HEVCAnalyzer (which is based on wxWidgets 3.0.2 and Visual Studio 2013 for Windows and depends on wxSQLite3). That project assumes that you have built the wxSQLite3 library yourself.

To build the wxSQLite3 library you need to download the wxSQLite3 source distribution from wxCode at SourceForge. Although no Visual Studio 2013 solution/project file is included in the distribution you should be able to use solution file wxsqlite3_vc9.sln in the build30 subfolder of the distribution. You need to set the environment variable WXWIN to point to the root folder of your wxWidgets installation. Thereafter you should be able to compile wxSQLite3 by selecting the appropriate configuration within Visual Studio.

In the solution file for the HEVC software you probably have to adjust the library path for the linker, so that the required wxSQLite3 library can be found by the linker.

Additionally you need a SQLite3 DLL at runtime. You may use one of the precompiled DLLs coming with the wxSQLite3 distribution.

Regards,

Ulrich
Ranjit
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Ranjit »

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for the valuable answer. Yes you are right, i am using windows and using HEVCAnalyzer software. I've followed the steps you have mentioned. But now i have started getting the follwing error:
Error 5 error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\lib\vc_dll\wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.lib'

I have tried searching for the same file but could not find it. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ranjit
utelle

Post by utelle »

Hi Ranjit,
Ranjit wrote:Thanks for the valuable answer. Yes you are right, i am using windows and using HEVCAnalyzer software. I've followed the steps you have mentioned. But now i have started getting the follwing error:
Error 5 error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\lib\vc_dll\wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.lib'

I have tried searching for the same file but could not find it. Any pointers will be appreciated.
You have to compile the correct wxSQLite3 configuration to get the required library and DLL file. For the mentioned file wxcode_msw30ud_wxsqlite3.lib, you most probably will have to build wxSQLite3 using configuration "DLL Debug Multilib DLL".

The resulting library and DLL files are located in the subfolder "lib\vc_dll" of the folder where to you extracted the wxSQLite3 distribution.

You might have to adjust the linker search path in the HEVCAnalyzer project.

Regards,

Ulrich