Is there anyone know how to convert pdf file in the wxwidget

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
lenny0929
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Is there anyone know how to convert pdf file in the wxwidget

Post by lenny0929 »

Is there anyone know how to convert pdf file in the wxwidgets program?

I tried to build the components of wxCode called "wxPDFDocument", but I failed when building in the VS2008.

The error message is:
fatal error LNK1104: can't open file 'wxmsw28ud.lib'

Is there any tutorial for installing the wxPdfDocument?

Please help me out.

Thank you.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

Please don't cross-post; I've deleted the duplicate in 'C++ Development'.

I don't know the answer, and I've not used wxPDFDocument, but in general terms: The linker is telling you that it can't find the wxWidgets library, called wxmsw28ud.lib. That might be because:
  • 1) You haven't built wxWidgets (the exe that you may have downloaded from the wx site is the source, not a binary).

2) It exists, but not a monolithic unicode debug build, which is what wxPDFDocument seems to expect.

3) It exists, in the correct format, but you haven't told the linker where it is.

4) Other things that I don't know about ;)
Regards,

David
utelle

Re: Is there anyone know how to convert pdf file in the wxwi

Post by utelle »

lenny0929 wrote:Is there anyone know how to convert pdf file in the wxwidgets program?
If you want to create a PDF file from scratch, wxPdfDocument is the right tool for you. wxPdfDocument offers limited support only for manipulating existing PDF files.
lenny0929 wrote:I tried to build the components of wxCode called "wxPDFDocument", but I failed when building in the VS2008.

The error message is:
fatal error LNK1104: can't open file 'wxmsw28ud.lib'
Almost all wxCode components expect that the environment variable WXWIN is defined and points to the root folder of your wxWidgets installation. wxPdfDocument is no exception. But since you didn't report compile time problems I assume that WXWIN is defined in your environment.

wxPdfDocument comes with solution files for VC++. For VS2008 you have to select wxpdfdoc_vc9.sln. Within Visual Studio you have to select a build configuration matching your wxWidgets installation. The name of the missing library in the error message indicates that you selected a monolithic library build of wxWidgets which apparently doesn't exist. Solution: select a configuration existing in your wxWidgets installation or create the missing wxWidgets build.
lenny0929 wrote:Is there any tutorial for installing the wxPdfDocument?
No, since building wxPdfDocument is usually quite simple using either one of the solution files, one of the make files, or the configure script coming with it depending on your environment.

Regards,

Ulrich
lenny0929
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by lenny0929 »

Thank you for the reply, it really help!
lenny0929
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by lenny0929 »

Thank you for the reply, it really help!