Compile wxSQLite with encryption and linkingSQLite3.dll sta Topic is solved

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
utelle

Re: Compile wxSQLite with encryption and linkingSQLite3.dll

Post by utelle »

Hi Jens,
silverstorm82 wrote:thank you for the reply. It worked now. I must admit that I did not recognize that sentence in the readme.txt file as in my opinion the instructions in this thread were the same as in the readme. But the weren't. I am sorry for my mistake.
The focus of this thread was/is on compiling and linking SQLite itself as a static library. And this has only marginally to do with wxSQLite3. Many people download wxSQLite3 just for the encryption extension and aren't interested at all in the wxWidgets wrapper. Therefore I didn't mention it again that you need to tell wxSQLite3 which options are enabled in SQLite.

Regards,

Ulrich
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

silverstorm82 wrote: 4.) Set the preprocessor directives SQLITE_HAS_CODEC and CODEC_TYPE=CODEC_TYPE_AES128.
utelle wrote: Yes. On compiling wxSQLite3 itself you have to specify the preprocessor symbol WXSQLITE3_HAVE_CODEC. .
Regards,
Ulrich[/quote]
Checking the red color, I think there is a problem too!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?
utelle

Post by utelle »

evstevemd wrote:
silverstorm82 wrote: 4.) Set the preprocessor directives SQLITE_HAS_CODEC and CODEC_TYPE=CODEC_TYPE_AES128.
utelle wrote: Yes. On compiling wxSQLite3 itself you have to specify the preprocessor symbol WXSQLITE3_HAVE_CODEC. .
Why should it be a problem? SQLITE_HAS_CODEC enables encryption for SQLite itself, WXSQLITE3_HAVE_CODEC enables encryption for wxSQLite3.

Regards,

Ulrich
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

utelle wrote:
evstevemd wrote:
Why should it be a problem? SQLITE_HAS_CODEC enables encryption for SQLite itself, WXSQLITE3_HAVE_CODEC enables encryption for wxSQLite3.

Regards,

Ulrich
Ah! I didn't saw distinction, sorry!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?