wxSqlite3 Topic is solved

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
Adrian281
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxSqlite3

Post by Adrian281 »

I want to start building simple database apps with wxWidgets and it seems that wxsqlite3 does what I need it to.

I'm a complete newbie to programming with wxwidgets and while I have it installed and can use it fine, I don't know how to install these custom wxCode modules. So a couple of questions.

1. Can I use wxSqlite3 in my applications without installing it in wxWidgets, and if so how?

2. How do I install it in wxWidgets under winxp?
utelle

Re: wxSqlite3

Post by utelle »

Adrian281 wrote:1. Can I use wxSqlite3 in my applications without installing it in wxWidgets, and if so how?

Yes. You have 2 options:

a) Build wxSQLite3 as a library or DLL - make sure you use a build matching your wxWidgets build. Then reference it from your own project, i.e. add a reference to the wxSQLite3 include directory for the compiler, add the wxSQLite3 library as an additional link library and add the path to the library for the linker.

b) Copy the wxSQLite3 source files to your own project making them an integral part of your project. wxSQLite3 consists of only 1 C++ source file and a few header files. Remember to add a reference to the SQLite link library to your project in case you don't use the option to load the SQLite DLL dynamically. You could even choose to add the SQLite sources directly to your project.
Adrian281 wrote:2. How do I install it in wxWidgets under winxp?
There isn't much to install and I wouldn't recommend to copy or move the wxSQLite3 files to the wxWidgets directories. But if you really want to have it there you would build wxSQLite3 like in a) above and then copy the include files to the wxWidgets include folder and the lib/dll files to the wxWidgets lib folder.

Regards,

Ulrich
Adrian281
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by Adrian281 »

Didn't have any luck with (a so I went with (b. Thanks.