Databaselayer ResultSet::GetMetaData() crashes on linux

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Databaselayer ResultSet::GetMetaData() crashes on linux

Post by rodrigod » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 pm

The function ResultSet::GetMetaData() crashes on linux, but works perfectly on linux.

I have a dynamic library that links to Database layer. This library handles the connection and handling of database data. And there is an executable that loads this library.

Inside this library I have a class that has the functions and objects necessary. One of this objects is a pointer ResultSet. The database is openning perfectly, however when I need to use the GetMetaData function it crashes with a SIGSEV.

This is the code where it crashes

Code: Select all

bool AVDBase::MoveNext(){

ResultSet::iterator it=m_ResultMap.begin; /*ResultSet is a std map*/	

int numCampo;

wxString strAux;

ResultSetMetaData* pMetaData = m_pResultSet->GetMetaData(); //It crashes on this call	
//...
}
I am using postgres, but I am trynig to make it generic, able to connect to different databases.

Thanks

rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 pm

I still havent been able to understand this, on windows it works perfectly. I have a suposicion that is because DatabaseLayer is passing a pointer to my DLL and doing this may be crashing my app. Does anyone have a clue? Or any workaround?

Thanks

rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Still no fix, can any one help me?