databaselayer Postgres link Topic is solved

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

databaselayer Postgres link

Post by rodrigod »

i am using opensuse 11.1 gcc 4.2 and databaselayer 1.8.

For now i am only using postgres. I have made a shared library that has classes that use the databaselayer library to access the database. It compiled and worked on windows and compiled fine on linux. But my application that i am using to test this library is not compiling because when it is linking to database layer it finds this error:

libwxcode_gtk2_databaselayer_postgresql-2.8.so: undefined reference to `PostgresInterface::Init()'

probably it is some .so that I am not linking that causes this. But i can't find the problem this is the .so from postgres that i am linking.

/home/'myuser'/postgresql-8.3.7/src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.so

thanks
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod »

Anyone?
jb_coder
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by jb_coder »

Is PostgresInterface.cpp being compiled into the so file?
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod »

I am still learning a lot about linux. So I don't know how to check if postgresinteface.cpp was compiled into the .so file, I used the makefile that comes with the package. By the .so file you mean the one created by the databaselayer right? Not the library I created that uses the databaselayer classes?

Thanks
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod »

I still am having this problem, has anyone else had this problem? Cause I have no idea on how to solve it

thanks