PDF digital signature

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

PDF digital signature

Post by mael15 »

I create PDFs using wxPdfDocument. Due to a new law/regulation/certification in Germany I have to find a way to add a digital signature. Is there a way to do this without using some other tool after creating the PDF? I would like to create and sign it in one go without the user of my app having to click some more.
utelle

Re: PDF digital signature

Post by utelle »

mael15 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:54 am I create PDFs using wxPdfDocument. Due to a new law/regulation/certification in Germany I have to find a way to add a digital signature. Is there a way to do this without using some other tool after creating the PDF? I would like to create and sign it in one go without the user of my app having to click some more.
Unfortunately, wxPdfDocument doesn't support adding digital signatures to generated PDF documents. And this isn't going to change anytime soon, although I have plans to enhance wxPdfDocument in the course of time. So, for now you will have to use a separate tool to accomplish this.
mael15
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by mael15 »

thanx, i already suspected this. any recommendation?
utelle

Post by utelle »

mael15 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:06 pm thanx, i already suspected this. any recommendation?
I suppose you need a component that you can add to your application somehow. Most solutions I know of are commercial - ranging in prices from one-time fees of 500 USD to 3000 USD/year. The open source library PoDoFo claims to support digital signatures, but I haven't tested that for myself.