wxPDFDocument and duplicated bookmarks

Talk here about issues with one of the components hosted at wxCode, or suggest features for it.
paul_c_weiss
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxPDFDocument and duplicated bookmarks

Post by paul_c_weiss »

Hello!
I have an application which uses wxPDFDocument to generate a -password protected - pdf file.
Now, this document includes some bookmarks, generated by something like
pdf.Bookmark(s); where s is a wxString.
Now, this works quite well, except that each time I open the resulting pdf file, a new set of bookmarks seems to be added to the former ones. Which
means that if I have written - say - 5 bookmarks in my file, when I have opened it 10 times, I can see 50 bookmarks in Acrobat Reader left column.

Now, I suspect that this is more an Acrobat problem than something else, but do you have some ideas ?

Thank you in andance, and regards,

Paul
utelle

Re: wxPDFDocument and duplicated bookmarks

Post by utelle »

Sounds rather strange. No idea, why this happens. Could you provide a sample PDF file for testing?
paul_c_weiss
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by paul_c_weiss »

Alas! I am not able to reproduce this behaviour!
Sorry about that! I shall keep trying!

(I cannot Email the problematic file itself, since it contains some critical info which I cannot publish on the web!)

Regards,

Paul
utelle

Post by utelle »

paul_c_weiss wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:36 pm Alas! I am not able to reproduce this behaviour!
Sorry about that! I shall keep trying!
Without a sample PDF file exhibiting the erroneous behavior it is unfortunately impossible for me to track down the problem. I use bookmarks in protected PDF files myself, and up to now I have not experienced such a problem as reported by you.
paul_c_weiss wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:36 pm (I cannot Email the problematic file itself, since it contains some critical info which I cannot publish on the web!)
I fully understand that. You may contact me via private mail, if you want to.