c:\prz1.exe virus

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
adamahmet
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

c:\prz1.exe virus

Post by adamahmet »

I am using windows xp and. A trojan wants to upload everything in my disk.
My hard disk was partitioned into three volume. And I formatted the c drive. But when I reinstall win this trojan came again when I connected to internet.
How will I clean?
Thanks
benedicte
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by benedicte »

You can download HijackThis from this page (http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/). Scan your computer and you will be able to remove spywares and some viruses.

This software is free.

BTW, your post has no relation with wxWidgets :wink:
vdell
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by vdell »

benedicte wrote: BTW, your post has no relation with wxWidgets :wink:
Well the "Open discussion" description clearly says that "This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!" which IMO doesn't really mean that "everything must be about wxWidgets".

But yes, maybe this isn't the best forum for the virus/anti-virus topics, since other forums would probably give more answers with a smaller delay.

To the original poster:

Do you have an anti-virus program installed? I suggest using the free edition of AVG. Also is your windows up-to-date and are you using a firewall (something other than the one that comes with WinXP)?
Visual C++ 9.0 / Windows XP Pro SP3 / wxWidgets 2.9.0 (SVN) | Colligere
adamahmet
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by adamahmet »

I know its not about the wxwidgets. Thanks anyway.
I am using avast updated the latest virus database. But it finds nothing. Now I am downloading avg and Keiro and. I downloaded hijack this but it did not work.I will fix it.
leio
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by leio »

vdell wrote:Also is your windows up-to-date and are you using a firewall (something other than the one that comes with WinXP)?
I do not think much of the quality of Microsoft products, but I must admit, that the WindowsXP firewall is perfectly capable to defend a computer, once it is actually turnt on (disabled by default on SP1). SP2 introduced application specific exceptions, and with that I do not see a reason to hog the system with something else.

Disclaimer: Everything above is my personal opinion. And I do not like anything else from that corporation, save the C++ compiler.
Compilers: gcc-3.3.6, gcc-3.4.5, gcc-4.0.2, gcc-4.1.0 and MSVC6
OS's: Gentoo Linux, WinXP; WX: CVS HEAD

Project Manager of wxMUD - http://wxmud.sf.net/
Developer of wxGTK;
gtk+ port maintainer of OMGUI - http://www.omgui.org/