Sqlite3 with exe GUI Topic is solved

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
issac_n
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Sqlite3 with exe GUI

Post by issac_n »

Hi all,
i am newbie in coding and I am looking for suitable GUI for sqlite3, i saw some sqlite3 works with exe GUI interface, but how does it work?
my objective is to performs some DB update/calculation with txt/xlsx/csv input and therefore need a GUI input.
doublemax

Re: Sqlite3 with exe GUI

Post by doublemax »

Did you try Googling for "sqlite gui"? There are actually quite a few.
Use the source, Luke!
issac_n
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by issac_n »

I am not looking for some thing like SQLiteStudio Manager ,but i am looking for something that can create exe GUI interface and interact with Sqlite at background. the exe GUI is for import txt/csv/xlsx file.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

You can use wxWIdgets to build a GUI application that uses sqlite, the easiest way would be with wxSQLite3.
https://github.com/utelle/wxsqlite3

But unfortunately there is no easy "connector" class that just connects a database to a gui control like a wxGrid, wxDataViewCtrl or wxListCtrl and automatically displays its content. This is something you'd have to code yourself.
Use the source, Luke!
issac_n
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by issac_n »

firstly thanks for reply, i just found other key word like Tkinter and wxPython, em.. now come to next question ,
which one is the easier one for beginner like me? wxSqlite3, Tkinter or wxPython?
my objective is still the same, simple input such as xls,txt, csv and some basic calculation with Sqlite3 , and with exe format
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

wxSQLite3 is just a library for wxWidgets. You'd use that if you want to program in C++
wxPython uses Python, if that's your preferred programming language.
I don't know Tkinter, but it seems like it's an alternative to wxPython.
Use the source, Luke!