Linux on Windows, Cool! Topic is solved

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Linux on Windows, Cool!

Post by priyank_bolia » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:44 pm

spicerun
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Typical Linux Magazine Article...

Post by spicerun » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:26 pm

No offense, but this is just another typical article of Linux Magazine, who, IMO, has been corrupted ever since they've accepted Microsoft's Ads, and are going by the way of the old Maximum Linux Magazine. I highly suspect Microsoft has a very large control of this magazine now. But what I am referring to is the biases in their articles which are, more or less, how to always make Linux subjucate to Windows control. Having worked many years with both Windows and Linux, I'd much rather run Windows under Linux control so that I'm also guaranteed of having control of my machine.

I used to be a regular subscriber of Linux Magazine, until a few months after they started accepting Microsoft's ads, and finally dumped it after it became apparent that the tone of the magazine has changed, and now all they do is treat Linux like a hobby toy, while making Windows the golden standard of Operating Systems (It was hard to miss the large number of times Linux magazine has managed to sneak the Windows logo on their cover). Not to mention the sudden addition of a large amount of Windows news I could care less about since it had nothing to do with Linux. No Thanks. When I see Linux as the title of a magazine, I expect a magazine about Linux, not how to play with Linux in a Microsoft context.

Linux Journal (http://www.linuxjournal.com) is a far superior magazine for Linux users, dealing exclusively on Linux issues and ideas.

priyank_bolia
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by priyank_bolia » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:00 pm

Anyway I just like both windows and Linux-mag. I just mention so that people can actually compile their app on windows for linux and see the output without rebooting. Though I didn't tried that, lack of knowledge. :D