TKO  [SOLVED]

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

TKO

Postby RobertHK » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 am

Good day. I have a very, very stupid question. In the world of "big programming - GUI" moves very, very short time. Frequently come across the term "TKO" and nowhere (example the wiki) can not find what this acronym actually means. Just a guess, but really do not know. Can someone please give explanation? I think that it is a term for a complex configuration (for me: minGW + Code::Blocks + wxWidgets 2.9.5 + Windows7), it is all the equipment available = TKO.

doublemax

Re: TKO

Postby doublemax » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 am

I've never heard or seen that abbreviation (except in sports). Can you give an example where it's used?
Use the source, Luke!

RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Postby RobertHK » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 pm

I figured it out and all I apologize for the stupid (very stupid) question. I have activated automatic translation of Google-translator (en / cs) and he translates the term 'MSW' like 'TKO'. This word I see in the documentation quite often, but I had no idea that it was caused by my laziness to learn more English and read the originals . Sorry all... :oops:

RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Postby RobertHK » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 pm

A lot of things in English I already know, but when I'm learning new things...

eranon
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Postby eranon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Ha ha, automated translation is often... funny :mrgreen: The fact is that software world is in English and sometime benefits (really) to stay in English only.
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]

RobertHK
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Re: TKO  [SOLVED]

Postby RobertHK » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:29 pm

:oops:

Return to “Open Discussion”