Test and upload patch..!!

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
rakeshthp
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Test and upload patch..!!

Post by rakeshthp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:48 am

Hello,

I did some work on wxRibbonBar to add a toggle button on the ribbon bar as it is in office 2010. I have attached a screenshot, along with the working executible file. Well, as a matter of fact, I haven't tested it thoroughly. I implemented it to incorporate it into my application, and it is working fine, both in sample application and my own application. I thought of submitting this patch to wxWidgets and so I started with registration and http://trac.wxwidgets.org/wiki/HowToSubmitPatches.

The procedure seems to be very big. I am not aware of SVN and how to work with it. So can anyone help me out with this? Anyone who knows how to submit patch, can I send the new code to anyone who knows all those stuff? I'll send all the changes made. For me it will take more than a month to get through with all those things mentioned in the link above.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks

Regards
Attachments
ribbon.rar
(905.72 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Cursor
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Test and upload patch..!!

Post by Cursor » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:13 am

Hello,

this functionality is really interesting but, IMHO it is just a special case of a more general feature : the ability to add checkable bitmap buttons (toolbar ?). Such buttons can do more (and do more in Office 2010) like suggest help, manage (minimize, maximize ... sub views like in Excel).

About patch procedure, it is not so complex:
- checkout the trunk code (or any other branch)
- edit your changes (including doc in "interface" subdir)
- create a patch with the command (svn diff)
- create an enhancement ticket in trac and post your patch with a little description

BR
What is little and green, witch go up and down ??
Yoda playing with the force.