Totally Off Topic - Most famous bugs

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
AkiraDev
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Totally Off Topic - Most famous bugs

Post by AkiraDev » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:33 pm

Just checking guys...

Is it just me or trying to close Firefox 1.0.4 through menu File->Exit doesnt work?? Pretty dumb if you ask me!...

Apart from that... How about a bit of fun and remembering the industry's most embarrassing bugs ever to show up?...
Back, just not as often

Windows Vista SP1, Ubuntu 8.04
MinGW 3.4.5, GCC 4.2.1
Code::Blocks
wxWidgets 2.8.9

vdell

Post by vdell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:46 pm

Totally Off Topic
Well isn't this part of the forum supposed to be completely for off-topics anyway? :)
Is it just me or trying to close Firefox 1.0.4 through menu File->Exit doesn't work?? Pretty dumb if you ask me!...
It definitely works in my system ... but I'm not sure if it works the correct way: When I choose "Exit" it closes all firefox windows (Even though there is no separate process for every window I still think it should close the window that I'm using and not all windows at the same time) ...
Visual C++ 9.0 / Windows XP Pro SP3 / wxWidgets 2.9.0 (SVN) | Colligere

AkiraDev
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by AkiraDev » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:53 pm

vdell wrote:It definitely works in my system ... but I'm not sure if it works the correct way: When I choose "Exit" it closes all firefox windows (Even though there is no separate process for every window I still think it should close the window that I'm using and not all windows at the same time) ...
It's a relief it's specific to my system.
Unless you're referring to tabs rather than actual windows, that also sounds strange though...
Back, just not as often

Windows Vista SP1, Ubuntu 8.04
MinGW 3.4.5, GCC 4.2.1
Code::Blocks
wxWidgets 2.8.9

vdell

Post by vdell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:06 pm

AkiraDev wrote:
vdell wrote:It definitely works in my system ... but I'm not sure if it works the correct way: When I choose "Exit" it closes all firefox windows (Even though there is no separate process for every window I still think it should close the window that I'm using and not all windows at the same time) ...
It's a relief it's specific to my system.
Unless you're referring to tabs rather than actual windows, that also sounds strange though...
No, not tabs but browser windows. It doesn't happen if I close the window from the 'X' ... GLADLY! :P

Jorg

Post by Jorg » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:24 pm

Well there is a File | Close that closes the current document
And a File | Exit exits the complete browser. I assume it closes everything because the XCOM layer is also killed.

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb

vdell

Post by vdell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:07 pm

Jorg wrote:Well there is a File | Close that closes the current document
And a File | Exit exits the complete browser. I assume it closes everything because the XCOM layer is also killed.

- Jorgen
Yeah, probably true but IMHO something like "Close All (Windows)" would be more logical.

Tyler
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by Tyler » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:06 pm

Speaking of firefox.. I noticed that Wine had listed Firefox under their supported applications http://appdb.winehq.org/
Maybe it's just me, but that seems funny. :!: