New to WXWidgets, Trying out 3D Visualizations

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
PDenz
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

New to WXWidgets, Trying out 3D Visualizations

Post by PDenz »

I'm pretty sure this isn't the best place to be posing this, but here goes.

I'm attempting to develop a 3D visualization based on an input matrix (or grayscale image). The image is a range image generated from a laser scan, so, the brighter the pixel the higher the data point. X and Y are simply the pixel grid in the X and Y directions.

I've been bashing my head off of getting this going in OpenGL when I noticed one of the examples I came across didn't directly using OpenGL, but rather a pile of calls to WXWidgets. So, I looked further into it. Unfortunately I was unable to compile the source so I may be entirely mislead...

Does WXWidgets have some kind of built in support for 3D Visualizations? If so, are there any examples out there? There are scads of examples in the WXWidgets installer, but nothing that looks like what I'm going for.

Regards;
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

Hi,

maybe linking to the said example would help.
The stock wxWidgets does not come with any 3D vizualisation tool that I'm aware of, just an OpenGL canvas

However, wxPlot (an add-on library) seems to support 3D plots : http://personales.unican.es/carreracg/web/wxplot.html (look at the screenshots)
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
PDenz
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by PDenz »

Hello, thank you for the quick reply.

As for the example program I was talking about, it's not online anywhere to my knowledge. It came along with some proprietary library I am using at work to perform various 3D algorithms on a point cloud. The examples that came with the library are all built using WXWidgets as the graphical front end.

My problem is that I am not using C++ for my development, and I can't really figure out what is going on in their example program as far as the GUI is concerned (as their documentation focuses on the library they are selling, and not the GUI).

I'll take a look at that link you posted.

Regards;