Help in importing dxfimp32.flt file Topic is solved

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
mohan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Help in importing dxfimp32.flt file

Post by mohan »

Hi All,
I need to load a dxf file and show it in the glcanvas window.I want to use the dxfimp32.flt.I dont know wat this does and how to import into my program.I am completely unaware of this .flt.Please help me how to import this filter in the program and show the dxf file in glcanvas window.

Thanks in advance,
Mohan.
megabyte
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by megabyte »

As I understand your task is to show a 3D objects from a DXF file. If so, then the dxfimp32.flt using is not a solution for you, because it works only 2D geometry.
To import 3D graphics you have to use a 3D modeling library, for instance, OpenCASCADE ( www.opencascade.org ).
mohan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mohan »

Hi megabyte,
Thanks for your reply.I am showing only 2d model.can you please tell me wat this dxfimp32.flt does and how it will help me in showing the 2d model.Do i also need opengl for showing 2d model?
megabyte
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by megabyte »

mohan wrote:Hi megabyte,
Thanks for your reply.I am showing only 2d model.can you please tell me wat this dxfimp32.flt does and how it will help me in showing the 2d model.Do i also need opengl for showing 2d model?
I cannot help you with dxfimp32.flt. If your are going to use dxfimp32.flt, try to find information regarding it in MSDN. It is possible to use OpenGL even to display 2D models.

IMHO it is easier to use any DXF-parser library, for instance DXFLIB ( http://www.ribbonsoft.com/dxflib.html ) to parse a DXF file. After it you have a list of objects (lines, circles, splines and so on) and you are free to use any tool/library to display the list inside a window. It can be GDI, OpenGL and do on. Also for nice smooth 2D graphics is possible to use the Anti-Grain Geometry library ( www.antigrain.com ) to render the objects.
mohan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mohan »

Thanks for your help megabyte.
Bye