Chat AI

This forum is reserved for everything you want to talk about. It could be about programming, opinions, open source programs, development in general, or just cool stuff to share!
Slyde
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Chat AI

Post by Slyde »

Just for kicks, I went to the Chat AI website and asked several wxWidgets questions, along with code for it to critique. I was blown away! Instant answers. Instant code critiquing. This thing even went so far as to explain wxWidgets concepts I was having trouble with. I tell you the truth, Google's search engines don't have anything on this. If you haven't tried it, click the link above and give it a whirl. For me, I was pleasantly surprised :D
Linux Mint 21.3 | wxWidgets-3.2.4
Manolo
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: Chat AI

Post by Manolo »

Please, see any AI as a tool that sometimes gives you usefull advises, while many others it's completely wrong. Or worst: Seems right, but it's wrong.
Take it as a "first approach" and you use your own rationale. Official docs and samples are right. AI may be not.
Slyde
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Slyde »

@Manolo - Did you even click the link and test it. While I enjoy coming to the forums and spending time with this or that, this thing cuts to the chase and offers up information very quickly. For example, here's one of my exchanges from earlier:

Me: without copying from a website, please explain, in your own words, what TransferDataToWindow() is.

Chat AI: Certainly! In my own words, TransferDataToWindow() is a method provided by the wxWidgets framework that facilitates the transfer of data from a data object to the controls within a window in a desktop application.

When you have a window with various user interface controls like text fields, checkboxes, or combo boxes, and you want to display specific data values in those controls, you can use TransferDataToWindow(). This method is called on the window object and triggers the transfer of data from your data object to the corresponding controls in the window.

Essentially, TransferDataToWindow() acts as a bridge between your data and the graphical user interface (GUI). It ensures that the controls in the window are updated with the appropriate values from the data object. By invoking this method, you synchronize the data representation with the user interface, allowing users to view or modify the data through the controls.

Using TransferDataToWindow() saves you the effort of manually setting the values for each control individually. Instead, you can rely on the framework to handle the transfer process efficiently.

It's important to note that the exact usage of TransferDataToWindow() may vary based on the specific implementation and the controls used within the wxWidgets application. Therefore, consulting the official wxWidgets documentation or relevant resources for your version of wxWidgets is always recommended for precise information.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

That's not a bad answer. And it's one of many that have been spot-on. I see it as an incredibly useful tool. But I get what you're saying. I do. But I haven't been able to trip the bot up, yet.

Anyway, I just posted this because I'm sure there are many here who don't know that Chat AI knows knows knows wxWidgets like the back of its virtual hand. Perhaps others will find it useful, too.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Use the source, Luke!
Slyde
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Slyde »

:D
shawnhcorey
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by shawnhcorey »

Despite the hype, it's not intelligent. It is machine learning. It is given a whole lot of data and it finds patterns in it. But it cannot reason about those patterns. For example if there are two patterns that are similar, it will not notice this and certainly cannot investigate any link between them.

Yes there new tools are useful but humans can still easily out-think them.
WARNING: Highly caffeinated ☕. Approach with caution 🚧.