when to expect new dev-cpp?

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
zambizzi
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zambizzi »

Following your instructions I get a new error (popup dialog box):
Module list not available for server cvs.sourceforge.net

Ask your administrator to either install a web browser interface on the server (CVSWeb or ViewCVS or add these modules to the CVSROOT/modules file.

Meanwhile, you'll have to find the module name elsewhere.
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by brandysboguslaw »

wxdevcpp is the right modulename according to documentation. You can also Browse CVS using Web interface
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

I'm using WinCVS and this is how I'd downloaded the code:

1- Select the menu "Remote"
2- Choose "Checkout module"
3-
A-On the "Checkout settings" tab fill the "Module name and path on the server" field with: "wxdevcpp".
B-On the second field choose the destination directory.
C- Mark CVSROOT and fill the field with: ":pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/wxdsgn"
4- Acept.

That's it!
tiwag
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by tiwag »

could anyone build wxdevcpp from this cvs-download ?

i could download, but am far away from being able to build it with delphi-6 personal.

so long
tiwag
-tiwag
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

I have build it some day ago. But now CVS is broken, external components are missing.
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by gururamnath »

Hi all,
The reason why we havent put the component in the CVS is because of its size. JVCL and other components take more than 70 mb of disk space. I dont want to polute sf's cvs with this. Since the components are constantly evolving from bug fixes, I would recommend to get the components from their websites. Anyway, finally i zipped the current snapshot of the wxdevcpp source. Please download them from

http://wxdsgn.sf.net/wxdevcpp_jan_11_2005_snapshot.zip

I have also included the important components that you need to install in d6(extlib, jvcl,jcl and thememanager). Also,please make sure you install gexpert (gexperts.org) and madexcept ( madshi.net ) before opening the project code.

If you have fix any issues, please make a note in the bug list (if it is not listed there) and send me a patch.

Good luck with your wx-devcpp bug fixes.

Thanks,
Guru Kathiresan
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

I encourage You to put this snapshot into CVS. CVS is really good thing.
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by gururamnath »

brandysboguslaw wrote:I encourage You to put this snapshot into CVS. CVS is really good thing.
I guess I already told everyone that I was not able to access the sf's cvs. I would appreciate if anyone could help me. (SF needs to set private and public keys to make me upload stuff. Even though I have everything setup, I was not able to update the cvs).

-Guru Kathiresan
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

No need to set private or public keys. Marek just uploaded 6. wxdevcpp version and set You as administrator.You can use sourceForge CVS as I described in previous reply.
I have started using SourceForge CVS as a ClamMail project administrator and must confess that it was not so difficult as i have always thought.
:o
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Use TortoiseCVS. It is GOOD THING
ABX
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by ABX »

brandysboguslaw wrote:Use TortoiseCVS. It is GOOD THING
... made in wxWidgets :-)

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

What components are exactly required from JVCL and JCL ? I installed all and Delphi 6 PE is very slow now.I wish I could use only those required for wxdevcpp compilation.
brandysboguslaw
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

OK.I have succesfully compiled wxdevcpp 6.6 Beta from Guru snapshot.
Now I'm trying to understand better how sizers should work.Sily thing , but using DialogBlocks I can create simple dialog in minutes , but using wxdevcpp - no ..... ;-)

Caould somebody explain me how to set sizer to autoresize controls when for example statictext is changed to far longer.
zambizzi
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by zambizzi »

brandysboguslaw wrote:OK.I have succesfully compiled wxdevcpp 6.6 Beta from Guru snapshot.
Now I'm trying to understand better how sizers should work.Sily thing , but using DialogBlocks I can create simple dialog in minutes , but using wxdevcpp - no ..... ;-)

Caould somebody explain me how to set sizer to autoresize controls when for example statictext is changed to far longer.
Great! Do you plan to post an update when you've made some fixes?

Just curious, could sure use the fixes. I wish I knew some delphi. :?
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by gururamnath »

brandysboguslaw: Let me try to use your steps today and see what i do about uploading the new snapshot.

I'll check the dependcies of the jcl and jvcl and let you know by tommorow.

Since I havent implemented a way to get the designed size of a widgets (other than the actual size), I'm not able to make the controls to autoresize. Since dialogblock assumes the intial size to a default size (until the user make specific change to a widget size) , it is easy for them to maintain the autoresize thing . It will require lots of changes internally to support auto resize option in the designer. It might take 2-3 months to complete it. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on that.

zambizzi: if you want to have a interim build please check
http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/devcpp-b.6.6.zip

-Guru Kathiresan