wxDev-C++ for Visual C++

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

If that works, you can stick with it. But that won't last long, that version is 3 months old, the one on my site is a newer version. I'll see if I can get an instruction sheet up, and I'ol let you know again once its ready (if you want to try)

I think its really hard to write an instruction sheet,since I myself during the course of instaling it was working on a trial-and-error basis. I guess it would be easier once my other computer outside works, then I can use it as a test machine.

BTW are you using VS 2003 Professional?
ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross »

Hi Joel,

Had another look at the vc build. Does it require 6.9 to be installed as well? I suspect so since make is not included in the install. Does it work with gcc at all?

A couple of comments. Can you take the packages out of the install and make them a separate download via package manager.

Secondly the enviroment.exe stuffs up the install, ie if I set everything by hand, it removes it and makes devcpp go through building the cache again. The first bit I understand. The second I dont.

At the moment its very hard to comment on bugs. I've still not got this to compile anything. :(

I think your trying to do too much with this build. I cant tell if its the dev exe or the libs or whats going wrong. I also used Tonys setup page.
LosHuliganos
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Next release

Post by LosHuliganos »

What about next version of wxDevCpp. Looks like DevCpp almost dead :cry: ...
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Next release

Post by buildere »

LosHuliganos wrote:What about next version of wxDevCpp. Looks like DevCpp almost dead :cry: ...
Far from truth. Just take a look at the mailing lists to see how active it is:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... m_id=47115

The next release is just around the corner and there are lots of new things in there :wink: