Is wxdevcpp related to win32 api? Need help in understanding Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Is wxdevcpp related to win32 api? Need help in understanding

Post by ding »

1.)Is wxdevcpp related to win32 api? Is the programming language the same?

2.)Does Microsoft visual C++ statement or command use the
same as wxdevcpp?

3.)Can anyone please teach me how to use mpFX, mpFY and mpFXY and mail me a sample of how to use it at [email protected] Thanks!

It can be found at this website http://wxmathplot.sourceforge.net/index.html
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Re: Is wxdevcpp related to win32 api? Need help in understan

Post by buildere »

ding wrote:1.)Is wxdevcpp related to win32 api? Is the programming language the same?
DevCpp is just an IDE, being it the environment in wich you write your code (C++), at the time it gives you some help in common tasks programers do, like debugging, compiling, build, etc.

Appart from that, Julian Smart and others started a project long time ago, of making sime libraries written in the C++ language, that made an abstraction of the most common components of the graphical interfaces in operating systems, with some nice benefits in doing so, like having an Object Oriented API, that is platform independent, so the developer can just write once and then compile one binary for each targeted OS without resorting to specific trickery. Then a guy called Guru Kathiresan wrote an extension for the DevCpp ide that made very easy to create the visual section of the program, by generating wx code underneath; and also included all the wxWidgets libraries required for building apps in Windows (wich is the only platform in wich DevCpp runs on) along with this package.

Finally, Win32 is Microsoft's API (Application Programing Interface) for accesing Windows functionality. It is written in "C" languange, and since "C" is a subset of "C++" in wich wxWidgets is written, you can include "C" code, or Win32 code in this case, if your app is going to be running on the Windows platform exclusively. But abusing of platform specific code defeats most of the purpose of using wxWidgets in the first place.
ding wrote: 2.)Does Microsoft visual C++ statement or command use the
same as wxdevcpp?
I don't understand you quite well, but I guess if you mean "is it possible to compile wxWidgets code on Visual C++?" then the answer is "Yes". But you need to install some things in addition to Visual Studio.
ding wrote: 3.)Can anyone please teach me how to use mpFX, mpFY and mpFXY and mail me a sample of how to use it at [email protected] Thanks!
I can't help you here.
wxuser
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by wxuser »

Can anyone please teach me how to use mpFX, mpFY and mpFXY and mail me a sample of how to use
There is a sample with wxmathplot sources available through the same link you have given. This IMO is the best place to start.

If you hvae not downloaded the sources, its here - http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxma ... z?download

hope this helps

PS: As someone earlier said, this is one of the most patient group that i have ever seen on the net :)
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ding »

wxuser wrote:
Can anyone please teach me how to use mpFX, mpFY and mpFXY and mail me a sample of how to use
There is a sample with wxmathplot sources available through the same link you have given. This IMO is the best place to start.

If you hvae not downloaded the sources, its here - http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxma ... z?download

hope this helps

PS: As someone earlier said, this is one of the most patient group that i have ever seen on the net :)
What file do i open and how do i get it running? Any picture or word showing how to get it running? Please help me. I am really new to this. The file inside are not wxdevcpp. We usually open with .dev extension correct?
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

ding wrote:The file inside are not wxdevcpp. We usually open with .dev extension correct?
I've created a "sample.dev" file in the "samples" folder. That should work with wxdevcpp (it should be installed in C:\Dev-Cpp, otherwise, edit the project resource directories).

The file is here:
-edited- just create a new wx project, delete all the files from it and add the mathplot's sample ones
Last edited by buildere on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ding »

Thanks to all for helping me get the result!