6.9alpha release

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

I think he means the wx-devcpp upgrade. As far as we can all see you have to uninstall wx-devcpp and then install the newer version. Is that correct, or am I off base here?
Right, that's the prefered way. Theoretically, you could just copy the devcpp.exe and devcpp.pallete over the current ones. However, the installer package also includes an updated wxWidgets devpak and some updated tools (compiler, debugger, etc.). So you'd be missing out.

Bottom line: Uninstall wx-devcpp 6.8; Install wx-devcpp 6.9

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
ding
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

By the way,

Post by ding »

where the download link for the 6.9 version
NinjaNL

Re: By the way,

Post by NinjaNL »

Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/
Bleu Raeder
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Bleu Raeder »

tbreina wrote:
I think he means the wx-devcpp upgrade. As far as we can all see you have to uninstall wx-devcpp and then install the newer version. Is that correct, or am I off base here?
Right, that's the prefered way. Theoretically, you could just copy the devcpp.exe and devcpp.pallete over the current ones. However, the installer package also includes an updated wxWidgets devpak and some updated tools (compiler, debugger, etc.). So you'd be missing out.

Bottom line: Uninstall wx-devcpp 6.8; Install wx-devcpp 6.9

-Tony
Ok, that is cool. As the IDE starts to gain popularity and maturity it would be really cool if there were a metyhod for upgrading an existing installation. It's probably on your todo list already.
Peterj
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Peterj »

I've downloaded the new version, and plugged it in without any hastles. I could even compile my app without a hitch.

Great work and greatly appreciated.

It is really great to see the delete key behaving itself. It makes the difference between feeling like you're using a great tool to one that is OK.

Its also good to see the GridSelectRow mode is now selectable.

Edit:: There is a very noticable bug report appearing after selecting an entry from the code completion dialog, however pressing the Continue button on the report (very impressive), I was able to continue without a problem. So its not a showstopper. If you're not aware of this, I can email details.

Thanks to all responsible.

Regards,
Peter
Using Win XP, Dev C++ 4.9.9.2 wx-beta 6.9
tiwag
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by tiwag »

is there any download existing with binaries only in a zipfile ? (as it was offered in former times )

i don't need the wxwidgets stuff, i've my wxWidgets builds already on my HD.

thx
-tiwag
buildere
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by buildere »

tiwag wrote:is there any download existing with binaries only in a zipfile ? (as it was offered in former times )

thx
Yes go here:

http://ninjanl.homedns.org/wxdevcpp/wxd ... a_testing/

or here:

http://reina.homedns.org/wxdevcpp/wxdev ... a_testing/

You can download the executables there, along with the devcpp.pallete file needed. There are also changes-log files, and the version with VC compiler inside another folder.
tiwag
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by tiwag »

buildere wrote:
tiwag wrote:is there any download existing with binaries only in a zipfile ? (as it was offered in former times )

thx
Yes go here:

http://ninjanl.homedns.org/wxdevcpp/wxd ... a_testing/

or here:

http://reina.homedns.org/wxdevcpp/wxdev ... a_testing/

You can download the executables there, along with the devcpp.pallete file needed. There are also changes-log files, and the version with VC compiler inside another folder.
thx - i must have drunken too much beer - didn't see the *.exe while searching for *.zip ;-)
-tiwag
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

I just posted an alpha2 install package on my alpha site. It's also at Sourceforge (http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/wx-devcpp ... _setup.exe)

No real changes to the executable. The change here are the wxWidgets devpaks (which are the latest and greatest CVS snapshot build courtesy of Mal).

So far I've only heard of 2 potential bugs on alpha1. So hopefully this will be the last alpha prior to 6.9beta.

-Tony

p.s. I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow for a week.

p.p.s. There's also a .zip of the executable and pallete file on my alpha site for those of you who are as drunk as tiwag :P
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross »

I've had a go at using the VC version of Devcpp. I can compile an exe with RebuildAll after folowing the instructions. However, Compile&Run produces linker errors.

On another note I'm using an AMD64 processsor in my machine but running WinXP32. If I create a project from scratch I can compile as mentioned above. But if I try and compile an existing project I get a linker error:

[Error LNK1104] cannot open file 'libci.lib'.

If I set the directory path for this lib, I then get:

filebuf.obj C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\libci.lib [Error LNK1112] module machine type 'AMD64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

I cant figure out why for an exitting project the linker wants this libci.lib file. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Ross
ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross »

Ok I think I've found the source of the problem. I was using older stream classes. Replaced now with std::fstream.

Now I've hit another hurdle. I keep getting an error:
[Error C2504] 'wxGLCanvas' : base class undefined

This did seem to compile before so I dont understand whats going on. Just thought I'd check. Is the OpenGL stuff compiled in vc_dll or the wxmsw26.lib that you install for VC version of wxDevcpp?
ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross »

Ok Last one for today. It seems to compile now. I now get the following error:

[Error CVT1100] duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
[Error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF] file invalid or corrupt

Any idea how to fix these?
NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL »

tbreina wrote:The change here are the wxWidgets devpaks (which are the latest and greatest CVS snapshot build courtesy of Mal).
The devpak is actually a corrected versiuon of the 2.6.2 devpak, the cvs head devpak is actually on my mirror site. This was a miscommunication between myself and Tony. It was my intention to have the cvs head version in this distribution, but I couldn't get it to build correctly until after Tony had made the installer.

http://ninjanl.homedns.org/wxdevcpp/wxwidgets_devpaks/

Both devpaks include the libraries and demo's for the new wxWAUI as well as the previously included wxIFM docking manager and the wxPropertyGrid component. Both devpaks also are built with wxDisplay set, and therefore also have the display sample included.

I am currently investigating the wxCode components and will add several to the devpaks for the next beta release, after I receive their maintainers approval

In the 2.7 devpak, is the new rich text control from Julian, as well as the sample. So those users who wanted to see this component in action don't have to wait until the next official release.

It is my intention to update the devpaks (if not daily, then at least weekly) keeping the wxDevCpp users abreast of the changes in wxwidgets development.
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/
lowjoel
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by lowjoel »

ross wrote:Ok Last one for today. It seems to compile now. I now get the following error:

[Error CVT1100] duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
[Error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF] file invalid or corrupt

Any idea how to fix these?
Can you show the build log? Or have you solved it?
ross
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by ross »

Here is the compile log:

Compiler: MS VC++ 2003
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\Makefile.win"
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\newProgramFrameApp.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\newProgramFrame.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\ChildUnit.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\wxGLViewCanvas.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\TaylorZernikeUnit.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\ChildImageUnit.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\ArrayUnit.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\FilterUnit.cpp
Finding dependencies for file: C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\WaveFrontUnit.cpp
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp2\Projects\MsProject\Makefile.win" all
rc.exe /r /fo"Compiled/Project1_private.res " /IC:/Dev-Cpp/include Project1_private.rc

link.exe /nologo Compiled/newProgramFrameApp.obj Compiled/newProgramFrame.obj Compiled/ChildUnit.obj Compiled/wxGLViewCanvas.obj Compiled/TaylorZernikeUnit.obj Compiled/ChildImageUnit.obj Compiled/ArrayUnit.obj Compiled/FilterUnit.obj Compiled/WaveFrontUnit.obj Compiled/Project1_private.res /out:"Compiled\Project1.exe" /libpath:"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/lib" /libpath:"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Lib" /libpath:"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/vc_dll" /libpath:"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" /libpath:"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Lib" wxmsw26.lib

CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt

make.exe: *** [Compiled/Project1.exe] Error 1123

Execution terminated

Regards
Ross