Problem with compiling Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
mikecoon
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Problem with compiling

Post by mikecoon » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:52 am

Okay, when I compile using the Compile and Run option I get the following error:

make.exe: *** No rule to make target `pp', needed by `Song_related_classes/SongCollection_nested_classes.o'. Stop.

Now when I compile by using the Rebuild All option, the error goes away and it compiles and runs just fine.

So I get the error when using the Compile and Run option and it compiles without the error with the Rebuild All option. Anyone have an idea why it does this?

mikecoon

chris
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by chris » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:01 pm

Hi mikecoon,

I encountered that some time ago, too. I never really found out why, but the project files somehow got messed up.
What helped for me was creating a new project and adding all files and options from the corrupted project to that new one.
Perhaps a dev from wxDevCpp could chime in and post some further insight into this.

HTH, Chris

P.S.: Please don't post questions in several subforums. Thanks.
this->signature=NULL;

mikecoon
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mikecoon » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:33 am

Well, starting a new project did the trick.

But still, I still want to know why Rebuild All compiles but Compile and Run did not compile.

Any dev from wxDevCpp knwo why?

mikecoon

lowjoel

Post by lowjoel » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 pm

well, one possible reason is that the makefile generation didn't complete, or the other reason... is that you double clicked the project to launch wxDev-C++... i dont know why, but sometimes when i launch wxDev-C++ by doublie clicking a project, it wont work properly.

mikecoon
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mikecoon » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:33 am

Well, I did not double click a project to start wxDevCpp. I suppose this is just one of those bugs we have to live with.

But starting a new project etc did the trick.
mikecoon