Trying to compile minimal example on Windows 10

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
djsbriscoe
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Trying to compile minimal example on Windows 10

Post by djsbriscoe »

Hi,
I'm trying to compile the minimal example included in the example folder of wxDev-C++. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. On compiling the program a
"Warning-Project is not compiled" dialog box pops up. There appear to be no compilation errors or warnings. How do I turn on verbose error reporting for g++?
The compile log is

Code: Select all

Building Makefile: "C:\ProgramData\Dev-Cpp\examples\wxWidgets\minimal\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
mingw32-make.exe -f "Makefile.win" all 
g++.exe -c minimal.cpp -o Objects/MingW/minimal.o -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/MinGW32/include" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/" -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/include/common" -D__WXMSW__ -D__GNUWIN32__ -D_UNICODE    -g3

g++.exe "Objects/MingW/minimal.o" -o "Output/MingW/minimal.exe" -L"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/lib/wx/gcc_lib" -L"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"C:/Program Files (x86)/Dev-Cpp/MinGW32/lib" -mwindows -lwxmsw29u -lwxmsw29u_gl -lwxscintilla -lwxtiff -lwxjpeg -lwxpng -lwxzlib -lwxregexu -lwxexpat -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 -lopengl32  -g3  

Execution terminated
Compilation successful
Compilation took 9 seconds to complete
Should I be using a 64 bit version of g++? If so, how do I set up the IDE to use MingW64 (if this is what I need to install). Is there anything else I can try? Do you need any more info from me? Thanks.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Trying to compile minimal example on Windows 10

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
I don't understand this at all.
Execution terminated
Compilation successful
Compilation took 9 seconds to complete
Can you find minimal.exe anywhere on the system?
If yes - can you run it?

Thank you.
djsbriscoe
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by djsbriscoe »

I've just given this another go with my COMODO antivirus turned off. All the WXwidgets samples are compiling so far. I'd really like this project to be
further developed. I've had real problems trying to set up CODE:BLOCKS and a more recent version of WXwidgets and WXDev-C++ is the only SIMPLE way of getting started.
Why was the project abandoned I wonder?
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Did you see this recent post from PB?

Thank you.
djsbriscoe
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee