WxWidgets in Dev C++ vs WxWidgets in Kdevelop

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

WxWidgets in Dev C++ vs WxWidgets in Kdevelop

Post by wrongaddress » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:44 am

I have a program that compiles in Linux using Kdevelop. It uses wxWidgets 2.4.2 with odbc supported. The Os is Suse 9.0

I try to use the same source code and compile using Dev C++ using wxWidgets 2.5.1(which is 2.4.2, ODBC supported). THe OS used is Win XP.

The program can compile and run and access the postgresql. But there is some problems with the image. The program have 20 pages. Each page is like one wxNotebook. The problem that I am facing now is that the "image" of 4-5 pages superimposed with each other.

Is there anyway of solving this problem? By right, there should have no change with the source code since we are using the same set of library.

So is there any way for me to solve this problem?

regards

DY

upCASE
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by upCASE » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:45 am

Hi!
wrongaddress wrote: But there is some problems with the image. The program have 20 pages. Each page is like one wxNotebook. The problem that I am facing now is that the "image" of 4-5 pages superimposed with each other.
Could you please be a little bit more specific in what you mean with "image"? I think I got the rest but I don't have a clue what "image" could be...
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wrongaddress » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:24 am

The "image" I am referring to is....

Each wxNotebook object has it's own image or how it looks like.... or should I say picture?

I mean... Each wxNotebook got different numbers of objects of wxTextCtrl, wxStaticText.. so basically what you shld see is different..

But all I get to see is all the different images combined together for all the pages.

Is it clearer this way?

regards,

DY

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:55 am

wrongaddress wrote:But all I get to see is all the different images combined together for all the pages.
Sort of like looking at a notebook with transparent pages, like a collection of over head projection slides one on top of the other?

wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wrongaddress » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:59 pm

Yes!

But did you type wxTab juz now? Abt setting it to be true?

wxNotebook... did set it to be true and false...
By right..... you should onli see 5 pages each time.... That was in Linux environment using Kdevelop.

But in Dev-C++, I saw all the pages...

The code are the same.

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:14 pm

wrongaddress wrote:Yes!

But did you type wxTab juz now? Abt setting it to be true?
Yep, I was playing about in DevCpp while I was writing the last message. I thought I should be able to reproduce what you described. Since I couldn't I quickly removed the incorrect part of my message.
wrongaddress wrote: wxNotebook... did set it to be true and false...
By right..... you should onli see 5 pages each time.... That was in Linux environment using Kdevelop.

But in Dev-C++, I saw all the pages...

The code are the same.
Would you post your code?

I am using wxDev-Cpp (lovin every minute Guru) and can try and reproduce your problem here if you want. (you can zip it all up and send the whole shebang to me if you want.

SnakeChomp
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by SnakeChomp » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:12 pm

wrongaddress wrote:By right..... you should onli see 5 pages each time....
Do you mean there should only be 5 tabs visible on top of the wxNotebook control at a time that you use to select notebook pages? But windows puts all of the tabs on the control, possibly in more than one row?

If thats the case, this is simply a system level difference and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it, unless there are (undocumented :( ) styles somewhere that give you more control over how the tabs are displayed.

wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wrongaddress » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:56 am

Would you post your code?

I am using wxDev-Cpp (lovin every minute Guru) and can try and reproduce your problem here if you want. (you can zip it all up and send the whole shebang to me if you want.[/quote]

I don't think I can post the code... there are around 10 files and each file consists of 1000 lines of code...

You sure you want? I don't mind sending... But the main criteria for the program to run is that it must be connected to a server... otherwise it will exit the program. What's your email address? :wink:

wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wrongaddress » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:03 am

SnakeChomp wrote:
wrongaddress wrote:By right..... you should onli see 5 pages each time....
Do you mean there should only be 5 tabs visible on top of the wxNotebook control at a time that you use to select notebook pages? But windows puts all of the tabs on the control, possibly in more than one row?
YES!!!!! For example..
CONTACTS have -> ADD CONTACTS, EDIT, DELETE,.....
TRIPS -> DESTINATION, INSURANCE.. and stuff like that..

So when you click on the Contact button, you should see the 5 wxNotebook, namely, Add, Edit, Delete contacts.. tt works in Linux.. but in Win XP using Dev-C++, I see all the tabs... including destination, insurance when i click on the Contact button.

If thats the case, this is simply a system level difference and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it, unless there are (undocumented :( ) styles somewhere that give you more control over how the tabs are displayed.[/quote]

But I thot since WxWidgets is multi-platform, there should be no problem porting the code over....

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:16 am

wrongaddress wrote:What's your email address?
PM coming for that.

Would it be possible for you to post a couple of scren captures? One for how it looks on Linux, the other for how it looks on Windows.

It may make your decription clearer.

wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wrongaddress » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:39 am

Would it be possible for you to post a couple of scren captures? One for how it looks on Linux, the other for how it looks on Windows.

Yes. I will do asap. But I am not going to my school till Monday.

wrongaddress
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by wrongaddress » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:32 am

I was thinking....

Let's say I am using wxWidgets 2.4.2 official, stable release for Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP.

While My friend is using wxWidgets 2.4.2 version for Linux..

Rather than "wxAll " ->contains all ports, for the following platforms: Windows 98 and above, GTK+, X11, Motif, MacOS 8.6 and above, OS/2, MGL.

Will it cause this problem?

McCabe
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by McCabe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:48 am

To me, this sounds like a problem with sizers. Sometimes (especially with notebooks) they can be a bit tricky to get correctly on both windows and linux.
I think there was also slight changes in how sizers work between 2.4.x and 2.5.x so it could be because of that.

/Linus

[/code]