C++11 compatible wxDev version?

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: C++11 compatible wxDev version?

Post by gtafan »

PB wrote:As I wrote above, I did not use a wxPack or MinGW bundled with Dev-C++, I told Dev-C++ to use my wxWidgets and compiler. I therefore have no idea which wxPack (if any) is compiled in C++11 mode. You could just do do what I did.

Better yet, find another, still supported, IDE. For example, I have never used wxDev-C++ so I was surprised it does not support having multiple build configurations per project (Debug/Release/32-bit/64-bit...). I thought such a feature was a must, I know MSVC had it at least since 1998. But I might have overlooked it, all I wanted to do was to test if it is possible to use it for C++11 development.
So if I understood you right, you used wxWidgets without GUI builder?
I have already found an other IDE, CodeBlocks, it has a buildin GUI builder for wxWidgets, but making it worck with wxWidgets is a huge pain in the as, and even after folowing all that stuff from the wiki it still don´t worck for me.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

gtafan wrote:So if I understood you right, you used wxWidgets without GUI builder?
When I tested wxDev-C++, it appeared to be possible to use its built-in GUI builder with "my" wxWidgets and compiler. But I just created a wxWidgets project based on the wxFrame template and added a single wxTextCtrl to it to mimic the code I posted in my previous post.

I myself use MSVC + wxFormBuilder.
gtafan
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by gtafan »

PB wrote:
gtafan wrote:So if I understood you right, you used wxWidgets without GUI builder?
When I tested wxDev-C++, it appeared to be possible to use its built-in GUI builder with "my" wxWidgets and compiler. But I just created a wxWidgets project based on the wxFrame template and added a single wxTextCtrl to it to mimic the code I posted in my previous post.

I myself use MSVC + wxFormBuilder.
Make sence, theoreticaly it should be posible to replace the old .a files with the new ones as long they have the same names, unfortunatelly this solution didn´t worck for me. So how exactly you managed that.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
It is possible thaty the there is an incompatibility between the 2 versions you tried to switch between.
Generally it is discouraged to compile the library with one compiler than use the library built with a different one in you application.

Thank you.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

Where exactly did you fail and how?