This IDE is quite nice!

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
357mag
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

This IDE is quite nice!

Post by 357mag »

I've been looking for a C++ IDE that installs fast and has a really simple slimmed down interface. I stumbled across wxDev-C++ and gave it a go and I'm quite impressed. Yeah Visual Studio is nice and slick and smooth no doubt, and I have always liked C++ Builder too, but this xwDev-C++ fits me better than those other tools.

The interface is pleasing to the eye, and unlike those other big, bulky tools that present way too much info, Dev-C++ only shows what I'm interested in looking at in the first place.

Whoever made it, Congratulations!

By the way just so everybody knows, I only do programming for fun (as a hobby). I'm not a professional developer. So my questions will probably reflect that.
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: This IDE is quite nice!

Post by jgrzybowski »

I agree with you, I still use this IDE/RAD for several projects (wvDev C++ version 7.3.1.3). I afraid wxDevC++ has not been developed since couple years. Below is a link to another post with similar conclusion.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41928&p=169597&hilit=wxDev#p169597

Regards, Jarek
engineer
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by engineer »

DEV CPP was the IDE , I used to start with when first dealing with Wxwindows in 2002 :-)
J
evstevemd
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by evstevemd »

Never used it, but its demise was a sad thing!
Chief Justice: We have trouble dear citizens!
Citizens: What it is his honor?
Chief Justice:Our president is an atheist, who will he swear to?