How to set Debugging in Build

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
R_W_B
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

How to set Debugging in Build

Post by R_W_B »

Well I tried the debugger, first it asked me if I wanted to add debug info and rebuild, which I clicked yes, then it redundantly asked again saying project out of date and if I wanted to rebuild ?? Which I clicked yes again, ok we're cool so far.

But I went immediately to set the debug in the build and I cannot find where to do this. I didn't see it in compiler options or settings.

I looked in the help files but it must be an older version showing there cause it's depiction doesn't match mine.

Anybody throw me a few hints here at where to look to set debugging in the build?

Moderator: I've moved this from Compiler/Linker/IDE-related to here as you don't say which IDE you're fighting, but you've previously been using wxDev-C++. If I'm wrong in my guess please say, and I'll move it back again.
David
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: How to set Debugging in Build

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What do you mean by "set debugging"? Set the breakpoint? Run the program under the debugger?

Thank you.
R_W_B
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: How to set Debugging in Build

Post by R_W_B »

ONEEYEMAN wrote:Hi, What do you mean by "set debugging"? Set the breakpoint? Run the program under the debugger?
Thank you.
I want to set the debug in the build settings, on other IDE compilers I've always set the Project build for either debug or release. In fact as I said I found in the wxDevC help files how to do this but the graphical depiction does not look the same as my recent download of wxDevC IDE.
You know so I want have to deal with the popup always asking me if I want to rebuild first to debug. I cannot find where to do this. I didn't see it in compiler options or settings.

Moderator: I've moved this from Compiler/Linker/IDE-related to here as you don't say which IDE you're fighting, but you've previously been using wxDev-C++. If I'm wrong in my guess please say, and I'll move it back again.
David[/quote]

I am using the wxDev C IDE. I'm experimenting with a recent download of the wxDevc IDE and default compiler debugger linker. I thought that was for this thread. Evidently I did not interpret the thread definition correctly, sorry.