Linker errors for wxPdfDocument

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
TimNew
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Linker errors for wxPdfDocument

Post by TimNew »

Hi all I am trying to write an app that converts data retrieved from a DB to a PDF doc. I have installed wxDev-cpp and all looks ok. ie I can create and run a simple wxWidgets frame with a form + a few controls ant it builds and runs fine. I have downloaded and installed wxPdfDocument and it appears to be in all the right places. ie libwxpdfdoc.a is in the main lib dir and the header files are in
C:\Program Files\Dev-Cpp\include\3rdparty\wx.
I added the following code to a form :-

Code: Select all

////Header Include Start
////Header Include End
#include "wx/pdfdoc.h"
    wxPdfDocument pdf;
    pdf.AddPage();
    pdf.SetFont(_T("Arial"),_T("B"),16);
    pdf.Cell(40,10,_T("Hello World!"));
    pdf.SaveAsFile(_T("TimN wxPdf test.pdf"));
When I attempt to compile it comes back with the following error message :-

[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfDocument::wxPdfDocument( int, wxString const&, wxPaperSize)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfDocument::AddPage(int)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfDocument::SetFont(wxString const&, wxString const&, double )'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfLink::wxPdfLink(int)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfDocument::Cell( double, double, wxString const&,int, int, int, int wxPdfLink const&)'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfLink::~wxPdfLink()'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to'wxPdfDocument::~wxPdfDocument( )'
Id returned 1 exit status
[Build Error] [ Output/MingW/sm000.exe] Error 1

I have included the pdf .h file path and the .a libray path in the Compiler directories search list and in the Project directories.
If I remove the code and just leave the #include "wx/pdfdoc.h" then the build works/runs ok.
So it would appear that the compler finds the headers ok but the linker cannot find the libwxpdfdoc.a file.
Any idea guys/gals ?
Last edited by doublemax on Fri May 13, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags