2 Dialogs

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
donriff
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

2 Dialogs

Post by donriff »

Hello,

i am a kind of new to c++ and the widgets, started programming with php and vb.net, i hate vb.net because of the .net package, everyone needs it to run my programs and can decompile it!!!! Thats why i joined to c++.

i've created my program now, it works fine but i wanted to add a new wxdialog so that i have 2 dialogs for extended functions that i won't show in the starting dialog.

Now on a click event of an button (in the starting dialog) i want to show the new dialog and "freeze" the old one until the user clicks the "OK" button in the new dialog.

I would call it so (for example explain):

Dialog1 (main program with buttons and so on...) [BUTTON CLICK] --> Dialog1 "FREEZE" --> Dialog2 Show --> Dialog2 [BUTTON CLICK OK] --> Close Dialog2 --> Dialog1 "UNFREEZE".

The program can only exit in the dialog1, so all other dialogs must be closed before.

Any soloution for me?

Kind regards.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: 2 Dialogs

Post by PB »

Well, this looks like the basic default behaviour when calling Dialog2.ShowModal() from Dialog1 method. What exactly doesn't work as expected?
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: 2 Dialogs

Post by jgrzybowski »

donriff,

PB wants to write you, that you should use
Dialog2->ShowModal();

and you should NOT use
Dialog2->Show();

Regards, Jarek