Can't run from menu or F9 or control-F10 [SOLVED]

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Can't run from menu or F9 or control-F10 [SOLVED]

Post by Tony0945 »

I thought that the exe was unloadable, but then I had this problem with all the projects. I had installed multiple versions of wxwidgets and also codeblocks. I uninstalled wxDevcpp and codeblocks and all the wxwidget versions. I sent C:\Project Files/DEV-CPP to the recycle bin. I scrubbed the registry with CCleaner. I then downloaded the web installer and re-installed 7.4.2.569. Now everything compiled but wouldn't run. Finally, I opened a command line and navigated to the project's OutPut/MinGW and manually typed in my applications exe file to see if there were any error messages. To my surprise it ran without errors. The IDE will not launch the application. I have to use a Windows workaround to run (using the "MyComputer" GUI works also. The .exe is being written to the right location because if I leave it runn8ing and rebuild the application, wxdevcpp complains "file in use".

I'm thinking some path is wrong, but I can't find where to correct it.
Last edited by Tony0945 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Can't run from menu or F9 or control-F10

Post by jgrzybowski »

You can check a path „ExeOutput” inside of “[Profile1]” (for MingW is Profile1 and for VC++ is Profile2) in your projcet file DEV:

Code: Select all

[Profile1]
ProfileName=MingW 3.4.2
//…
ExeOutput=Output\MingW
ObjectOutput=Output\MingW
//...
If this path is different from real path (for example OutPut\MinGW) than RUN function from IDE cannot find the EXE file. WxDevCpp can be case sensitive.
Regards, Jarek
Tony0945
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Can't run from menu or F9 or control-F10 [SOLVED]

Post by Tony0945 »

Thanks. It turns out that the total path is apparently too long. I've always kept my project directories in a folder under "My Computer". I moved the folder to the top level of C: and everything started working. I don't really understand why, but that did it.