installed newest wxDev-CPP and now a problem Topic is solved

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
spamiam
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

installed newest wxDev-CPP and now a problem

Post by spamiam »

I installed the newest wxDev-CPP from Source Forge. Now I have a problem with a project that had been fine with my previous version (which was 2-3 yr old.)

First, as I compiled, it did not like wxSTRING_MAX_LENGTH, despite its being used in the on-line documentation. I replaced it with the preferred wxString::npos.

Then when I compiled, I get this error:
cannot find -lwxregex
I tried fiddling with the compiler options a little, but none seemed to get rid of this. E.G. I tried unchecking unicode, but that created more errors, not fewer.

I have deleted the old version of wxDev-CPP, so I can't compare all the settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Tony
spamiam
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Re: installed newest wxDev-CPP and now a problem

Post by spamiam »

Followup:

I see that this is a linker option. It is apparently looking for wxRegEx in the library folder. But as the linker suggests, it does not exist in the gcc-lib folder. a lib called libwxregexu.a does exist.

I made sure that I deleted all the old object code to force a completely new build, but that did not help
spamiam
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by spamiam »

I think I may have solved the issue. I had simply moved the ENTIRE project form the old workspace to the new. I think that there was incompatibility between the old project file and the new. When I created a new project and then added all the files individually to the new project, then it seemed to compile and link fine.
tbreina

Post by tbreina »

Use -lwxregexu instead of -lwxregex

The former is for the Unicode library (which is now standard). Later is for the ANSI build.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
spamiam
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by spamiam »

OK, I was that version of the file when I was looking for the missing one. An I correct that the linker options in the compiler settings for the project would be the place to make the change? As I said, I had solved the problem by starting the project over from scratch

I must say that there are a few bugs in the newest release of wxDev-CPP. I added files to the project and later upon repenting the project the added files were not listed as part of the project. It seems hit or miss if the project gets saved when the project is closed. Also, for some reason, the project forgets what files were open when it is reopened.

-Tony